What to do with pee pee cat?

greenergirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found a litter of kittens in April 2019, they were probably 4 weeks old. I trapped them all and kept 1. Forest was born under a house, but his siblings all adjusted to living inside. Forest still acts like a feral cat. He doesn't come near me, and worst of all, he pees all over the house.

I have tried everything: brought him to the vet multiple times, CBD oil, pheramone diffusers, I built an outdoor playroom. I'm at the point where I may put him outside as an outdoor cat. I hate to do it, but the smell in my house knocks me over.

I may build a second catio, and maybe put him on kitty prozac? I don't know what else to do before making him an outdoor cat.

Any suggestions?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. You could try using soil/leave/mulch in a litter box instead of litter to see if that might help. But, you need to completely remove the urine smell from your house, it is very likely he will continue to go in the same places that he has been. Where does he poop?

Until some our members who deal with taming ferals come along and respond to your post, maybe there are some ideas in these articles (see below links) for you to consider. Whatever you do, I think it will be a lengthy process since his behavior has been going on as long as it has. I also included some articles about how to get rid of urine smells.

How To Get A Cat To Come Out Of Hiding? – TheCatSite Articles
The Five Golden Rules To Bringing An Outdoor Cat Inside – TheCatSite Articles
16 Top Cat Experts Share Tips For Dealing With Timid Cats – TheCatSite Articles

How To Get Cat Pee Smell Out Of Clothes And Linens – TheCatSite Articles
How To Get Cat Urine Smell Out Of Carpet: Effective, Non-toxic Solutions – TheCatSite Articles

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
G greenergirl : Thanks for rescuing the kittens, and giving Forest a home. Has he been neutered? If not, that will lessen the stinky tom cat pee smell.

Of course you still don't want him peeing around the house, so the articles FeebysOwner FeebysOwner posted should have some helpful info.