What Time Is It? What Day Is It?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
I have had an idea, let me know how it fits :)

TCS Members are from all over the world and the world has been divided in 24+ time zones.
So when it's 8 am in some part of the world, it's 3 pm somewhere else or even 8 pm of the day before somewhere else.

In some posts, a member could write the word "today" and other members could understand "their today".
Each post is stamped with a date and time, which is what make "today" and "tomorrow" for the community.

So I thought that it could be handy to have a clock somewhere on the page to know what time the main server lives in, withouth making calculations everytime :)
For instance, now it's 9:08 am, Monday, Dec 11, here in Itlay, probably my post will appear as written at 8 minutes past midnight.

What do you think?
Probably the main time is already on the page, and I can't see it. In this case I do apologize.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see a time anywhere on the ppage. I do see the post says Today at 3:08 AM.
This is what I mean. I know what time it was when I posted my message, not what time it is now for the server (4:15 pm, now over here ;) ).

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like there is a 6 hour time difference because it matches up with me in the USA eastern time. Does it say Today at 3:08 am or does it say Today at 9:08 am? It's 4pm in Italy it's 10 am eastern time. that's 6 hours.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
If you click on your avatar at the top right, then choose Preferences from the drop-down menu, you can set your time zone, e.g., Central European Time Antonio65 Antonio65

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like there is a 6 hour time difference because it matches up with me in the USA eastern time. Does it say Today at 3:08 am or does it say Today at 9:08 am? It's 4pm in Italy it's 10 am eastern time. that's 6 hours.
Actually it is 9 hour time difference between my time and the displayed time on the posts. I mean, the original setting was for PST (-9 h from me).
jcat jcat found the solution!!!