What the heck?! translation please

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So my daughter's standing there holding Helen, telling her how pretty she is.....and she's purring away....and all of of sudden she bites her shoulder. she drew blood too. She was immediately put down, and looked hurt at the hurt human.

She's been a biter since we got her(not nasty, just expressive), but has learned to curb it over the time we've had her, knowing that I don't tolerate that kind of behavior. She came out of a hoarding situation. we were asked by the shelter to socialize  her, and at the end of her foster period we adopted her. She's generally good, but can be moody. Hates to be ignored, loves positive voice-attention. 

I'm thinking love-nip, anyone else?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It might be a warning nip because she was overstimulated. Often cats give warnings in their body language before they get to that point. Look for a waving tail and dilated pupils. I had a very affectionate cat who used to do this when he'd had enough loving and once I learned his signals, it was pretty easy to avoid overstimulating him.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It might be a warning nip because she was overstimulated. Often cats give warnings in their body language before they get to that point. Look for a waving tail and dilated pupils. I had a very affectionate cat who used to do this when he'd had enough loving and once I learned his signals, it was pretty easy to avoid overstimulating him.
:yeah: I couldn't have put it better.