What Smells Will Best Repell Cat Behind My Monitor?

taraconnor777

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, yes
, my cat sneaks behind my large monitor,where there is small space(only big enough for a cat)when I am not there.She knocks off my speakers onto the floor;we just realized THAT'S WHY my speakers are always on the floor,disconnected.It could easily also mess up connections of the monitor.I tired of it.

So,what SMELLS DO CATS HATE? GARLIC?I don't mind garlic,I like it.DO THEY HATE PEPPER SMELLS? I know the kitchen spices and smells could yield up various smells a cat won't like---"Accumulated" smells of strong COLOGNE? very fragrant talcum powder I use after bath?People love roses,perfume, ect. Don't cats hate cologne or scented oil? I tend to love perfumes.
And I don't mind putting a strong scent behind the monitor so it accumulates on the desk.--I am the only one ever using my desk and computer.Yes, even garlic does not repell me.--I am not afraid to stink up my desk a little,its only MY desk.Thanks for any feedback.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Garlic is toxic to cats if ingested so don't use that. Essential oils are also toxic to cats. Talcum powder can't be good if the cat licks it. Some cats aren't even fazed by strong smelling things. Others may show their displeasure of strong scented things by peeing where they're not supposed to.

Can you try blocking off the space behind the monitor? Or attach the speakers to the table with museum putty or something? Or just place the speakers on the floor when not in use. Maybe close the door to the room when you're not in there?

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You could try this:
It's a little pricy though. It's motion activated and just blow a puff of air.

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There are lots of motion activated Halloween decorations that make noise and might work. I used one to keep my cat off the kitchen counters.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If you want to try a repellent before/ in place of moving your devices, I would go with orange peels. The cats I have right now all leave the room if they smell an orange.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taraconnor777

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:climbcat:HO. HO HO I laugh now my old cat problems are vanished except for FLEAS.I want to let Bella out a bit in May or June---she loves outdoors--we both are too old but I won't leave the planet before Bella.i don't want her to be alone on Earth.--upi know how bad that is.