what kitties are rescues

emilyandlinus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are both rescues, but we rescued our humans, they really needed it!!

They are much happier people since we adopted them ;)

blackcat416

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Currently 6 from Morris Animal Refuge and 1 from a friend when she was 17 yo, next month will be her 21st Birthday. All of my over the bridge cats came from Morris as well except my very first ever in my life cat, a stray whose parents we used to feed in our yard until one day they showed up with our first cat, Samantha 10 months old, all black and loaded with fleas. She started the line of black cats in our life. Over 30 years of just blackcats. But now only 2 blackcats out of my 7 today.

Sophie at 5 months old, she is now 6 month old.

Sophie in jail at Morris Animal Shelter.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All 7 of mine are rescues. Bear, Muffin, Sammy & Monster were all found as young kittens and I bottle raised them. Mr. Kitty was found at 6 weeks old. Lilly & Toby came from the local shelter.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I adopted Ruby from the SPCA.  She was brought in on Sep 25.  I adopted her on Nov. 13.  She's around 2 or 3 years old.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of mine re rescues - either from a shelter (2 of the 3 RB cats - Kuce and Sphinx) or from the streets (1 of th RB cats - Dancing Bear) the remaining are currently alive but the health issues varies = Luvbug, Lil' Jag, Buster, Smudge, Fang and Drooler.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Seven rescues here.  Three we got from our local SPCA.  Four we took from a friend when she passed--and she had rescued all four of them from a shelter in her town.

silcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Two rescues here- one from a friend who didn't have the means to take care of him anymore, and one from a local shelter.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My 2 inside cats are both rescues, my 2 cat room residents are rescues, Redgie the little orange kitten and his 3 sibs are rescues but not to stay with me, they are getting adopted.

Non resident rescues, 2,612 to date :)) Love that!

Oh, can't forget my cats away from home as I call them, all along my cat route in town, currently 63 kitties in 12 colony spots. I love them all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

themeowsercrew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

smithfamily2012

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are rescuing two cats from the local "kill" shelter, once they are spayed they get to come home...hopefully today:) they are 5-6 mo old. And the two remaining kittens at the shelter...we talkedthe humane society ( no kill) into taking:)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cocoa is a rescue.  She was in a colony in a neighboring town.  One of the guys who works with a local rescue organization realized she was really friendly, albeit a bit traumatized from living on the street (we understand she was abused to some degree by kids on the area).  She also most likely, went through Hurricane Sandy out there.  She was put in foster care for about a month before we adopted her.  They estimated her at about 4-5 years old but honestly, we think she was more like 2-3 based on her energy level.

Casper came from a close friend who was going through some life issues and finding it difficult to give him the attention he deserved.  Took about 6 months before he could finally bear to part ways with him.  I know he regretted the decision but by that point we all had bonded with each other.  Casper, was 9-1/2 when we got him.  He'll be 13 in May.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

themeowsercrew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow theres many wonderful rescue stories out there

more power to you all for your babies and the things you do for them

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my cats are rescues!
Autumn
Molly
Smokey
Hot Rod
Ziggy
Little Miss
Mr. Sniff
Toby
Grabby
Sissy
Pig
Bonnie
Oh!  And let's not forget Bee Gee!

catmomma627

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I adopted Zoey from a kill shelter. She was set to be euthanized any day, she was actually past her date, but they were holding out for a family for her. The shelter said her old family dropped her off without a whole lot of explanation. It's strange because they took the time to spay her, front declaw her and have identification tattooed in her ears, yet they surrendered her. She has no problem behaviors. Regardless I had not even planned to visit my mom that day, much less walk into the shelter in her town, but I guess it was meant to be :)