Adult Cat
Purraise
ok my laptop has a mind of its own I didn't mean to type false...lol

thank you everyone for sharing your stories

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
both my kitties are rescues...if that means a cat adopted from a shelter...

Charlie was an owner surrender

and Jet was a stray 8 week old kitty found wandering the streets. my poor baby. 

pangurban

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pangur Ban was rescued from our city 'kill' shelter a couple of weeks ago. He was first brought in as a stray around 7months, adopted at 10months (and declawed
) then surrendered at the same shelter again at a year old. The next day we walked in and took him home forever.

santan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All of my cats are rescues. Always have been. I've been a cat lover/mommy for the last 50 years and they have all been rescues. They just seem to find me. It sounds like a lot of cats, but not so many as it may seem, since most have lived long years at an average of 18 to 20.

I'm so enjoying all the kitty pictures of all the adorable and beautiful babies!

:-)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We've only ever had strays or rescues. Our last cat, Jamie, was from a cat rescue organization in the city where I work, and Mogli is from the local shelter, which is no-kill, like all German shelters. Miezi was a stray who turned out to be a runaway (she decided she didn't want to live with her sister anymore).

midnight pet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Star was found abandoned in a park. He was barely weened when found and was starving. When he first came home it took a bit to get him eating again. We had to get cat milk mix and start him on that for a few days while slowing getting him to eat Kitten Chow. It took about a week before he was eating right. His bones are still a little underdeveloped because of this, especially his pelvis. I doubt it'll ever look right - it's undersized compared to his rib cage so he kinda' looks like he's fat, but he isn't.

santan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The poor little guy! It's heart-breaking what so many of these lovely animals, who should be loved and treasured, go through in their often short lives. I am happy for Star he has found a loving home and happy for you as you experience all the joy he brings.

nbrazil

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My orange girl (technically a red ticked Tabby) is my first rescue - and she has a feisty personality, but also a real love bug too. Gotten to be a step sister to pure bred Ragdoll. They love each other very much.

santan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww... what a cutie pie! That face! He's just adorable.