What kind of cat does this look like?

Ariya Carleton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just took this cat in today, found her stuck in a tree sadly 😞. Was just curious if anyone could tell me the breed or give it a guess. This is my first cat.

Attachments

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats mostly don't belong to any particular breed, your lovely kitten looks like a tortoishell tabby and white domestic shorthair (that is what we would call her in the UK, I think US terminology is a little different?) as I can see a bit of red around her face - she's gorgeous! Please post in cat health or behaviour if you have any questions, as she is your first cat you probably would like a lot of information and advice :)

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just took this cat in today, found her stuck in a tree sadly 😞. Was just curious if anyone could tell me the breed or give it a guess. This is my first cat.
To me she looks like a bicolor torbie with white classic tabby, very pretty girl, a dsh for breed. Thanks for saving her❤. You can advertise her to make sure she is not lost etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ariya Carleton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To me she looks like a bicolor torbie with white classic tabby, very pretty girl, a dsh for breed. Thanks for saving her❤. You can advertise her to make sure she is not lost etc.
I found her infested with fleas so I probably won’t be trying to send her back to where she came from. She doesn’t even bout outside so I’m assuming she was put out.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found her infested with fleas so I probably won’t be trying to send her back to where she came from. She doesn’t even bout outside so I’m assuming she was put out.
Cats will end up with fleas if they are lost and outdoors and can't find their way home to get regular flea treatments, flea eggs live on grass - it doesn't necessarily mean that she was neglected, she might just have been lost and caught fleas from being outdoors and someone could be trying desperately to find her.

EDIT: I mean I think it is likely that she has been dumped/abandoned as part of an unwanted litter, but putting a few leaflets up in case she has just accidentally got out of a new home and can't find her way back is a good idea.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She could have escaped etc., it happens and they can get fleas fast. The responsible thing to do is to advertise any found cat just in case there is a heartsick owner out there looking for them.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks to me like a brown/white tabby. Its a bit hard to see with the pics but I don't think she is a torbie as it doesn't appear she has any orange markings.She's a classic tabby so if she was a torbie the tabby markings would have some orange in it. It looks all black to me. Many brown tabbies can have warm tones which makes them look like a torbie but aren't. I'm glad you rescued her :)