What Is Your Least Favourite Hoilday?

Reecejackox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As in Christmas , Halloween , bonfire , valentine's etc

i would go with valentine days as I'm single.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Valentine's Day... I hate the mushy couple stuff. I've been in relationships before and I still hate the mushy couple stuff. I don't know why. Just makes me extremely uncomfortable. Maybe I haven't been with the right person yet... :fire:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not a fan of any of them really. IMO Valentine's day, mother's day and father's day are not holidays. These are what I call Hallmark holidays where you get guilted into buying gifts, cards, etc. You should do something nice for someone because you want to. Not because society tells you to.

Since those are not holidays in my book, I'm going with Christmas. The reason is how horribly commercial it is. The Christmas stuff comes out earlier and earlier every year and by the time the day comes, we've been so overloaded with everything that it's not special anymore. All the ads and the buy this! Black Friday, cyber Monday, blah, blah, blah. It's awful.

Christmas stuff has been on the shelves here in my area for 2 weeks already. School hadn't even started yet. :rolleyes2:

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
New Year's Eve/Day.

We force ourselves to stay up to watch the ball drop, call our kids to wish them Happy New Year, and then go to bed.

Ho-hum. :sleep:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetest Day. It is truly a Hallmark Holiday. I believe it's in October, meant to be six months after Valentine's Day.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does April Fool's Day count? If not, then I'd go with the Fourth of July because people go insane with fireworks and I hate it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Halloween probably. We don’t do ghosts and goblins or even scary movies here. I love fall though. Our church does a great event for kids and the kids do get dress up. My favorite part is looking for fun new dress up costumes on clearance afterwards. Last year DD found a great cleopatra one!

I worked for Hallmark for a few years in college. I should dislike holidays more than I do. But I don’t. :)

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no surviving family, so I consider holidays an inconvenience at best, and depressing.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Easter, New Year's, and April Fool's Day. Halloween is my favorite holiday. Christmas and I have a love/hate relationship. I find New Year's sad for some reason, and I never, even as a kid, liked Easter, nor Spring (allergies and the candy thing, too).

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sweetest Day. It is truly a Hallmark Holiday. I believe it's in October, meant to be six months after Valentine's Day.
:yeah: I tend to agree that this is a fabricated holiday and don't really know anyone who celebrates it.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably valentine's day because, coincidentally, it always seems we want to go out for dinner that night and then remember. "Oh wait, it's valentine's day, everywhere will be crowded." The "we" being my bf and I. We do get each other cards just for fun and that's that. Once we got each other the same card which was really funny... If we happen to have roses (I love in SoCal so stuff is still living and growing in the depths of 'winter') I'll go out back and cut myself a bouquet. :lol: But yeah, it's a hallmark holiday (yes, I participate in the greeting cards!) that makes normal restaurants crowded and expensive!

That and any of the Monday holidays that I dont get off work. Makes me jealous when I'm in the office and get out of office email replies all day long....