What is your favorite commercial raw brands? Thoughts on Rad Cat and others?

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Currently I feed about 80% high quality canned (grain free) and 20% raw. Ghibli loved Primal Instinct frozen pre-portioned raw. I am now trying Rad Cat. Thoughts on different brands and what your cats like? 

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats like RC (beef is their fav, followed by lamb, turkey, and chicken). They don't like any FD or any other commercial raw brands. I make my own raw with boneless chubs from HT mixed with alnutrin with eggshell calcium, they like that too. 

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rad Cat is excellent, my little guy never gets tired of the turkey, I only use their turkey, not the others. Venison was lukewarm with him.  I've used Primal FD before, Mikey used to like Primal's Pronto rabbit but now I just feed him RC. I currently picked up a bag of SC's FD turkey.  All are good choices but I do wish there was a FD alternative with egg shell instead of ground bone.

There is another FD manufacturer as well, Fresh is Best - they make FD raw.  I may give them a try at some point.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are my cats the only ones who won't eat Rad Cat?
I tried a sample once, chicken I think. My Aby, who is a four legged vacuum cleaner (if it fits in his mouth, it's being eaten whether edible or not
) wouldn't eat Rad Cat even if it was mixed with freeze dried raw. My rescue is more picky with food so I wasn't surprised that she wouldn't eat it.

kellie roberts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I too feed 80% grain free foods in chicken only.  Our oldest boy seems to love the Rad Cat chicken.  The youngest is starting to learn that it is food :)   I have not tried the other varieties of Rad Cat yet but hope to have them both on an all Rad Cat diet over this next year.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are my cats the only ones who won't eat Rad Cat?:dk: I tried a sample once, chicken I think. My Aby, who is a four legged vacuum cleaner (if it fits in his mouth, it's being eaten whether edible or not :doh3: ) wouldn't eat Rad Cat even if it was mixed with freeze dried raw. My rescue is more picky with food so I wasn't surprised that she wouldn't eat it.
I've learned over the years that whatever foods my cats didn't like e.g., a year ago, doesn't necessarily mean they won't like it at some point in the future. Such was the case with S&C, I tried numerous times over the past couple of years, now both cats like it as if it was something they had never even tried before.
And conversely it doesn't mean they will like the food tomorrow. :)