What is the breed of my cat ?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh wow what beautiful cats :D

Chotu's colour and pattern is a - Red mackerel tabby

Nemo her colour and pattern is - Torbie and white.

Torbie means she is tortoiseshell ( red and black) this is shortened to tortie. But she also has the tabby patten so tortie and tabby = Torbie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow. Thank you Gemsgem :)

I picked both of them from the street when they were only a week or two old. Nemo if almost 2 years old and Chotu is closing up on his first year.

This is my first time having a pet. I never thought I could love n care for an animal like this. These two are my life now n make me feel like a proud mommy every day !!!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Well, I think they are very lucky that you found them. They sound like they have a very loving home ;).

Chotu looks like a mini tiger and Nemo has the cutest face :rbheart:

samra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks. I have been a bit worried about Nemo's growth. She was a very aggressive cat as per the vet, but she has become very subtle after her neutering. So much that she almost looks depressed. My friends and family thinks it's all in my head.

Correct me if I am wrong here. The pictures I posted were taken very recently. Both of them are pretty much the same build now however Nemo is a complete year older. Now that I have the name if her breed, maybe I can figure out if Nemo has the right build for a cat her age. I cannot thank u enough for identifying them for me. The vet says that all this drastic change in her behaviour is because of the procedure she went through. I still think there is more to it.

Chotu is ur regular Mr. Charmer. Always jumping first and looking after, playful, and loving sort. His original name is Sir Purrs-a-Lot (PAL) simply based on the fact that he does purr quite a lot. Chotu means 'the young one' and it kinda stayed with him. He is after all the younger one between the two of them.

samra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Every morning the two of them race towards me and somehow or the other Chotu ends up sitting in my lap. He fights (playfully) with Nemo to get to me first, to get my attention. This is pretty much their routine and so far this is not getting old for them.

I don't know much about how intelligent cats can be. I just know that Nemo understands simple words like stop, no, down, up, relax, home etc. And I never have to tell her twice.

Is this normal ?

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Every morning the two of them race towards me and somehow or the other Chotu ends up sitting in my lap. He fights (playfully) with Nemo to get to me first, to get my attention. This is pretty much their routine and so far this is not getting old for them.

I don't know much about how intelligent cats can be. I just know that Nemo understands simple words like stop, no, down, up, relax, home etc. And I never have to tell her twice.

Is this normal ?
I'd say you're lucky. I wish my kitten would listen to me when I tell him to get off my bed or to stop chewing on computer wires. I'm trying to train him, slowly but surely.

Both your cats are beautiful