What is causing Nikita's fur issue?

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My vet and I have been trying to figure out what is going on with Nikita's fur. She's been losing during only on her legs and it's concerning. Strictly indoors, no fleas or ticks, not sure about allergies since things are pretty much the same as always. He gave her a steroid shot for itching to see if that was a problem but it doesn't seem like it.

The other thought is anxiety. She's always been a kinda fidgety cat, any sound might startle her, and then Prince with his boundless energy could be overwhelming, but these have been conditions for a very long time, they are 6, and Nikita seems to always rise to match Prince when he gets to running around.

That said, she's still very active and playful as always, still eats and drinks her water as normal. Literally nothing seems off beyond the fur loss. Nothing to indicate illness.

One thing I'm speculating is maybe separation anxiety causing over grooming? The only thing that changed since all this started was my job; and shortly after Prince had a worrying leg sprain that caused him to be inactive and lay around no longer playing or anything.

After that, I had a job change and started working at a place with unpredictable hours, each week a surprise. Some days I might work morning, some days evening, there's no routine. I wonder if this could be the case. Prince seems unbothered, but he's a very independent cat who still likes attention once in a while, where Nikita is a highly social breed (Bombay cat. No lineage to say, but her behaviors line up with a bombay), and of course clingy. She was moreso when Prince was a little injured cat back in May, then my job changed over the summer. So maybe that's the thing, buy then, what can I do about that?

Sorry for the long post
1000006453.jpg
1000006449.jpg
1000006452.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi
Some cats are extremely sensitive to any change in the house (sometimes even just moving a chair).

Have you tried calming treats, or Cat Music?
I did find some music on YouTube Claimed to be cat calming, it seemed to help when I left it playing when I went to work

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Here is an article all about stress in cats...identifying it, and dealing with it. Perhaps something in it will be helpful.