what I got for Christmas

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This year Santa brought me a fever, chills, bodyaches, cough, sore throat and congestion.

It seems I've got the flu for Christmas. What a total bummer.
Must get back to bed now. I hope everyone's having a good holiday!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry you are down and out. If you can after the health food stores open again get some elderberry syrup-

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feel better soon...I swear by homemade chicken soup with lots of onions and garlic and a good shot of tabasco sauce when served up (obviously not for on a day one is going to work or going to be out of the home!).

If coughing gets to be a real issue, the best cough syrup I've ever used is Delsym...it's good for 12 hours, but if really sick (like when I had pleuritis) it worked for about 4 hours...which was long enough to get a decent nap.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear you're ill.
It's time to cuddle up with a good book or your favorite DVDs, and just take care of yourself.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, I sorry you're so sick! That's never any fun, especially when it's Christmas!!! Get plenty of rest, and I hope you feel better soon!

zoiesmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i feel so bad for you...i had my share of being sick on holidays...i had to go to the hospital during my own holloween party because i had a fever of about 106 degrees...anyways take good care of your self, and something that will help all of your symtoms is hot chicken broth or chicken noodle soup with lots of crushed garlic and lemon juice...it may taste nasty but itll make you feel 10times better, like half my family swears by it. get well real soon!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stefanie,
Awww, no fair! So sorry you are no feeling well today.

Take care and get plenty of rest. Sending lots of healing vibes your way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your get well wishes everyone. I'm feeling a bit better today, though not better enough to qualify as actually feeling good. Being sick for Christmas definitely stinks, but my sweet fella made me homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday and we watched DVDs together. Not the Christmas I would have hoped for, but I do have to be thankful for what I have--a place to live, and someone who loves me and makes me chicken soup. And of course, you guys sending your good wishes. I hope everyone had a great holiday!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw that's a bummer - I sure hope that you feel better soon!

On christmas day I had a toothache(still do!) cold sore(still do!) and a killer headache. Yup I felt like poop.