What Have Your Cats Taught Eachother?

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in the middle of introducing a 5 years old persian boy to my almost 3 year old persian girl. It's going pretty well! There is some hissing here and there but I think they will be fine as long as I take things slow and move at their pace. They're now at the point where they'll eat while looking at each other through the screen door without hissing. (not close to one another though) I haven't let them be in the same room yet, but I think it won't be much longer. Fingers crossed. :catman:

Spending time with each of them individually I notice how different they are! Their energy levels are the same but I'm seeing things in both cats that I'd like the other to pick up on - and also things I don't want them to learn from one another!!

Elf is a very picky eater, Fester will eat anything - he's also very affectionate where as Elf is only affectionate when she hears the treat bag :lol: Elf is very calm when I pick her up but Fester squirms like crazy... Elfie has never jumped on counters - he does! etc.

Has one of your cats picked up on behaviors of the other? If so, what sort of things?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they have. My two have gotten along from the beginning. Mingo was thrilled to have a playmate. When I first brought Lily home, he plopped in front of the door to her room and didn't leave until I let her out a week later. Lily was a very silent kitty and has learned to "talk" from Mingo, who is very vocal. On the other hand, Lily is a lapcat, hopping into my lap at the first opportunity. Mingo would not get in my lap until he saw all the attention she got from it, so now he will get into my lap and purr and slow blink for quite a long time. I'm sure he would have never done that if he hadn't seen Lily doing it.