What food is your locality known for?

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by evnshawn

Shout out to KC MO! Woot woot! And also, Northland yeh!!

Anyway, yes, what you said—BBQ. You're required to like BBQ if you live in KC.

As for the pizza—tried Minsky's? It's pretty darn tasty.
I'm always worried I'm gonna get thrown out of KC for not liking BBQ.

I do believe we have pretty good steaks around KC as well though, especially at Jess and Jims. I never really though of it before as I started traveling more I notice the difference between the nice juicy steaks here and the ones you get else where.

And Minsky's Pizza is the best.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Charmed654321

Trying to think of what's here (since I"m a transplanted NY'er)

No. 1 -- has got to be a Philly Cheesesteak.
Also, just a bit over an hour from the PA Dutch area, so anything Amish. I shamefacedly admit to loving Whoopie Pies (even make them myself every so often, chocolate or pumpkin with cream cheese filling), Amish Chicken Pie (on noodles, not crust), shoo fly pie, and all other kinds of goodies, chow chow (pickled veggies), big soft pretzels, dried sweet corn (I love that stuff), chicken corn chowder, pretzel soup, rivels (sorta like spaetzle), hot bacon salad dressing, and hot potato salad.

I know i'm leaving out zillions of things but I better stop before I start hitting the fridge!
You're making me homesick! I haven't been back to Philly for ages, but there's a place in Atlanta's airport that does a pretty good cheesesteak.
Is Zinn's Diner still around?
I know what you forgot: funnel cakes! The ones at the Kutztown Fair were always scrumptious. Also the Knockwurst in a roll with fried cabbage, peppers, and onions.