What does your cat's name mean?

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here goes:

Marilyn-Well, we just kind of picked it cause it suited her.
Katie-Again..a human name we just picked out. I have always liked that name.
Morris-After Morris the 9lives cat of course!
Bubbles-After the powerpuff girl
Rocky-Just suited him
Scooby-Scooby Doo!
Barry-Barry Manilow
Lola-After a song by Barry Manilow (Copacobana)
Lasagna-LOL, its in reference to the show "The PJs"
Spam-My brother named him..after the canned meat
Chad-After my mom's friend Chandler
Pebbles-the Flintstones Pebbles
Paris-The CITY not afer the Hilton
Melvin-The boy version of my name
Jack-Jack Sparrow from POTC
Barney-He looked like Pebbles

Gregory-My mom's friend's daughter named him, but I say its after Gregory House!
London-He looked like Paris
Annabelle-My mom really likes that nameW
Wolfy-She looks like a wolf
Monkey-No idea, my mom named him.He IS very crazy and hyper and all over the place
Margaret-After my mom's favorite patient
Rudiger-My brother named him, after somebody on the Simpsons.

That is it

muzbymom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We picked the name Muzby because we knew we muzby crazy to take in another cat. Muzby makes 4. The other three are a brother and 2 sisters, 2 tailless and one of the sisters with a regular tail. The brother, Snow, apparently read up on Manx behavior as a kitten because his personality is Manx to the core. We have Snow, Muzby, Whisper, Chenille, Jingle (quaker parrot), Charlie (quaker parrot) and Josie (Aussie-Rottie mix). All rescues. Why do I still feel guilty when I don't adopt at PetSmart when they have the Animal Shelters on site????

sykesmother1435

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can only figure out 1 of my cats name Marley which means "From the lake in the meadow" that's kinds funny cuz he is a shy peaceful cat he is scared of everything unusual which makes him seem like he is from a meadow but he is basiclh my moms baby I wanna figure out MY baby's name Sykes, I mean yeah its an unusual name but it should still have a meaning I swear ive looked at EVERY website that would give me it but I CAN NOT FIND IT WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT MEANS PLEEEEEEEASE!!!!!

sykesmother1435

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found I!!! I found it!! Sykes means "Meaningful person" that's sweet cuz he sure does mean a lot to me!! It fits him absalutly PERFECT!!:cat:

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nero - Black in Italian

Neko - Cat in Japanese

Hoshi - Star in Japanese (his name used to be Star, but he was a bit too masculine to keep it!)

Katina - Cat in Lithuanian

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dusty = Full of dust. LOL

Rusty = Full of rust.... It also says it is a boy's name. My Rusty is a girl!

I also checked my name, Meda. It was Waayyyyyyy off! First it said it was a boy name and that it was Sanskrit. It is actually an American Indian name meaning Prophetess.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Updating mine:

Kuura: not on the list (it's Finnish), in English it means Frost 

Utu: not on the list (it's Finnish), means Mist

Tomu: not on the list (it's Finnish), means Dust (like in fairy dust or 'from dust to dust', not like the stuff you find under you furniture xD)

Luna: moon (Her real name, Dascha, was not on the list, it's a German female name)

Mina: Pet form of Wilhelmina (which is how it actually is in this case) and Germanic: will, desire, protection (Her real name, Somniferum, wasn't on the list, it's from Papaver Somniferum = Opium Poppy, the word 'Somniferum' meaning 'sleep-bringing')

Last edited:

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoda, Cat who speakes too much

Binky, Cat who sits in the path of humans.

Su, Male cat given female name.

claraadele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Clara- Clear/Bright (this so suits her! She's the brightest cat I've ever had, both in intelligence and manner.)

Adele- Regal/Kind (Well regal certainly suits her and it took a lot of kindness to get her to be kind! Now she's a lovebug)

claraadele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fosters:

Current:

Natalia- Born on Christmas (...she was rescued as an adult, I have no clue if she was born on christmas. But we can pretend!)

Nigel- from Nathanial- meaning Gift of God (and yes he is! Especially what with his flat-chested kitten syndrome healing itself!)

Napoleon- Fierce one from Naples (lol...this is the kitten that always bats at a toy and then runs from it!)

Favorites from the past:

Beckett- (not on here, but Beck means The Brook and Beckett had the prettiest blue eyes...)

Liliana- Gracious Lily

Willa- Protector

Kaya Lynn- Kaya (rejoice) Lynn (of Linda- pretty one)

Martin- Warlike (lol...this was the cat you had to shove away because he constantly wanted loves)

Beethoven- (not found...he was named because he was my deaf kitten)

Hiroshi- Generous

Hermes- Messenger of the Gods (one of the babies that passed on...Kitte Fading Syndrome)

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aya means "color" in Japanese, somehow appropriate for a calico don't ya think. Though I really named her after a favorite anime character, a bishonen member of an assasin squad.

Midori means "Green" in Japanese. She has these ginormous green cat eyes.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Parker and his sister MJ, were named after characters in Spiderman. (Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson)

Last edited:

mikafassie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mika - short for Mikai????...incorrect spelling...meaning 3 olours in Japanese...help!!
Mika is a gorgeous medium hair calico with bright green eyes. Calicos in Japan are
considered good luck so my aunt suggested this name!'

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mika - short for Mikai????...incorrect spelling...meaning 3 olours in Japanese...help!!
Mika is a gorgeous medium hair calico with bright green eyes. Calicos in Japan are
considered good luck so my aunt suggested this name!'
Mi-ke 三毛 means 3 fur in Japanese, refers to a calico cat or a "mi-ke neko" 三毛猫。

Last edited:

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luna means moon.

Midnight means 12am.

Lynxx's
name wasn't on the website.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats

Lucky: (English) Fortunate; Lucky is also used as a nickname for Lucas and its variants. He was origionally rescued by my brother-in-law's step father from a shelter in PA on his due-out date. At the time he was very ill and Ted took him to the best vets to get care. Once he recovered, he lived with Ted until Ted passed away; after that, he lived with my sister and her family. When they moved over the summer, Lucky came to live with me. I think he's around 14 yrs old, but I'm not certain. (Lets just say that although I didn't name him, he tests his name sake every single day through fun games such as "Lets see how many breakables we can destroy in an hour!" I love him anyways....)

Isabella: (Hebrew/Italian) Variant of Elizabeth (Hebrew) and Isabel (Hebrew), and the meaning of Isabella is "God's promise; God is my oath". I thought Isabella was a beautiful name for a beautiful little princess!

Kojak: (He was named after a tv show) Name of 1970's TV series about a police dectective, Theo Kojak portrayed by Telly Savalas. Origionally his named was "Kolar", but everyone thought it sounded like a bathroom fixture, so it got changed it to " Kojak" after the detective, when he was a few weeks old. His name really suites him; he's a very curious cat that likes to investigate EVERYTHING!

Dogs
Macy: It is of Old French origin, and the meaning of Macy is "weapon". I actually named Macy after the department store I went to the day I brought her home (she was previously named "Chanel" by the shelter). I didn't look up her name meaning before a moment ago. Although she is a Pit Bull x, I'd hardly consider the sweet girl a "weapon"...although the sweet girl might just kiss someone to death lol!

Ranger: Boy's name is of Old French origin, and the meaning of Ranger is "forest guardian". Ranger was actually named by his breeder after the "Lone Ranger" because of the black mask on his face. His name suites him so well though; he is a fantastic therapy dog when we go out on visits in our community, but he is also protective and caring towards me and the other pets at home. :)

Mykelti: Celtic/Irish unisex name. The meaning of the name is `Who is Like God` and "descendant of Michael". (Since my dad was harping me for a grandchild around the time that I brought little Mykelti home to train as a therapy dog, I thought it would be cute to give her a name in his honor ;) )

Last edited: