What Do You Think?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s beautiful! Her coat looks so sleek and silky! I would describe her as a black Domestic Longhair. As far as breed lookalikes go, I think that Siberian is the closest because it appears that she has a fairly round face, but without papers you would need a DNA test in order to confirm Siberian, or any other breed influence. Have you entered the Basepaws giveaway yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nouveau

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried to enter the giveaway but it seems the link wasn’t working properly. Of all the independent research I’ve attempted, I would guess he’s possibly a chantilly!

The DNA is only $95 which I feel like it’s horrific. But free is better!

Nouveau

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And he’s a very WELL loved kitty! He gets slicker-brushed every night as part of our night time routine! :blush:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I tried to enter the giveaway but it seems the link wasn’t working properly. Of all the independent research I’ve attempted, I would guess he’s possibly a chantilly!

The DNA is only $95 which I feel like it’s horrific. But free is better!
I can definitely see how you can see the resemblance to a Chantilly, but, unfortunately, this breed is now considered extinct. :(

Chantilly-Tiffany - Wikipedia

Try this link to the giveaway, it should work: Discover Your Cat's Genetic Makeup With Basepaws

Nouveau

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! That link worked!

The wiki article seems to imply that it was thought they were extinct UNTIL two were found at an estate sale in the 1960’s. Maybe they’re still around? I got him from a shelter as a drop-off anyway so I know the likelihood of him being related is very low. But it’d still be fun to know!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! That link worked!

The wiki article seems to imply that it was thought they were extinct UNTIL two were found at an estate sale in the 1960’s. Maybe they’re still around? I got him from a shelter as a drop-off anyway so I know the likelihood of him being related is very low. But it’d still be fun to know!
That is true that they were considered extinct to the 1960s, but, since 2015, they are now considered extinct again. A quote from the article (it’s toward the bottom of the page), “In 2015, Norwegian breeder gave up on the Chantilly breeding program after the death of Frosty, and fixed her female Acey. As a result of this event, as far as it is known, the Chantilly is considered extinct.”

Chantillys aren’t recognized by CFA or TICA. So, while he can be a nice Chantilly lookalike, it is practically impossible that he is an actual Chantilly.

Here’s the Norwegian cattery that had the last Chantilly cats: Former kittens - www.cacaocriadero.com