What do you think of my cat tree and scratching post?

pegleg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm unfortunately unemployed so I'm spending time doing diy in my flat, I couldn't find quite what I wanted in the shops so I made this cat tree:

And this scratching post:

For my lovely two. I'm pleased that sofa scratching has all but stopped and they seem to be popular:

The levels are jute with old towel underneath, the poles are thick sisal rope, plain wood and some fabric remnant similar to, but not the same as, the sofa as they like to scratch a variety of different surfaces. I added a dangly thing and the rodent on a spring which was broken off another toy. I've anchored it to the wall so it's nice and secure. Mr can get up high and shout right in my face now.

I put a hook on top of the scratching post so I can loop on a fishing pole toy, they like the stick as well as whatever's on the end, and alternate toys to keep them interested.

They were surprisingly easy to make and as I have a small flat I could fit them to the available space.

If anyone wants I can give details of how I made them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pegleg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I wanted something they'd actually use and all the shop trees have plush carpet which they're not interested in unless liberally sprayed in catnip.

krazykatjenn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very cool! And your kitties clearly appreciate it! I swear they know when something is homemade and like it better. My cat likes her store bought tower well enough, but she really prefers the cat shelves I made her myself, even though they don't look nearly as pretty.