What Do You Think My Kitten Looks Like?

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's lovely! I do think she looks a little siberian off the side view! My little guy is looking more coon-y everyday though so she may develope more into a recognisable breed or lookalike as she gets older!

Lalexa67

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is a beautiful cat - how is his temperament? Try throwing a hair tie or plastic cat spring, see if he brings it back. it is so dang cute - mine loves a game of fetch (several times a day).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is a beautiful cat - how is his temperament? Try throwing a hair tie or plastic cat spring, see if he brings it back. it is so dang cute - mine loves a game of fetch (several times a day).
Oh she fetches like a champ! She's hilarious ..she has tried more than once to join our dinner by leaping onto the table to drop her toys into the food. Shs also adores water and could play in the sink or tub all day if I let her.
As far as temperament, she's a sweetheart. Very friendly, very bubbly...everyone loves to stop what they are doing to watch her do backsprings and somersaults off of the furniture with her toys.
I'd say she's also fairly intelligent too. IvI' taught her to shake paws and lay down on command. And she's learned that the sound of my alarm means that it's time to get up in the morning. If I don't wake with the alarm she's always there to nudge me awake.

Lalexa67

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is a she! So sorry - she is stunning. Well she certainly is a keeper ❤. Extraordinary. Best wishes for a long and happy life. Enjoy.

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a cute little kitty! She seems like a Norwegian forest or a Maine coon mixed with a tortoiseshell. She has big paws, and cats with big paws are usually a Ragdoll or a Siberian.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TobiDaDog TobiDaDog Hey, I've just read Reese's story in your link (I tend not to notice them) and what a wonderful, heart warming tale. It's sad at the beginning but a fantastic transformation to the present wonderfulness.
A true blessing for both of you.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What is her weight at 5 months? I ask because I weighed Tiger at 5 months and nearly passed out!
5.5 lbs, so not too heavy! She's definitely not tiny (she is as tall as our 10 year old 17 lb Sir) but she she doesn't weigh a lot. Which is crazy to me because she never stops eating! Right now she's going through a 5.5 oz can of 4 health, a handful of dry crave and 2 packets of crave a day...and she's always begging for treats.

TobiDaDog TobiDaDog Hey, I've just read Reese's story in your link (I tend not to notice them) and what a wonderful, heart warming tale. It's sad at the beginning but a fantastic transformation to the present wonderfulness.
A true blessing for both of you.
Thank you for reading!! She was heartbreaking little thing at the start. Baby girl has really blossomed. And yes, I definitely count her as a blessing.

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
5.5 lbs, so not too heavy! She's definitely not tiny (she is as tall as our 10 year old 17 lb Sir) but she she doesn't weigh a lot. Which is crazy to me because she never stops eating! Right now she's going through a 5.5 oz can of 4 health, a handful of dry crave and 2 packets of crave a day...and she's always begging for treats.

Thank you for reading!! She was heartbreaking little thing at the start. Baby girl has really blossomed. And yes, I definitely count her as a blessing.
Tiger goes through phases of eating so much food and his poos are the same size if not bigger than the dogs! I think the food settles a little (although not according to mightyboosh mightyboosh ! ) Tiger weighed in at 9 lbs at just over 5 months but he's still skinny, he still hasn't grown into his paws/tail or ears yet either. I think I have a monster on my hands. I read the link after mightyboosh mightyboosh posted about it! Such a lovely heartwarming story :-)

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tiger goes through phases of eating so much food and his poos are the same size if not bigger than the dogs! I think the food settles a little (although not according to mightyboosh mightyboosh ! ) Tiger weighed in at 9 lbs at just over 5 months but he's still skinny, he still hasn't grown into his paws/tail or ears yet either. I think I have a monster on my hands. I read the link after mightyboosh mightyboosh posted about it! Such a lovely heartwarming story :-)
I think I remember seeing that you weighed him at that recently, holy cow! That's incredible. I'd be checking the zoo to see if they'd misplaced some kind of cub. :flail:And thank you!! Here is my comparison pic of Reese vs. the big boy:
20181002_103044.jpg

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Six months old soon! She's so dainty looking but she is getting long and HEAVY! I don't know where my tiny kitty went...you can feel it with your back now when you pick her up. I have to go pick up a new scale because mine broke but I'm curious. These past couple of weeks she has gotten solid.

20181030_114839.jpg
20181030_113146.jpg
20181030_113022.jpg
20181019_145936.jpg

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Another update for you guys, seeing as I had intentions of weighing this girl after saying how heavy she felt...I...I figured out why she seemed so solid. :shocked: On October 2nd, I told FaBEAR FaBEAR that she was 5.5 lbs. Today I weighed her with a new scale. I think there must be some kind of radioactive material in her food...she's 8 lbs! When new people meet her, one of the first things they say about her is 'how old is she?!' quickly followed by 'her paws are HUGE!'

Not only is she heavy, but she's a solid block, and thickly built. I got her a 9" collar without measuring her neck first. I thought what I was seeing was a ton of fluff until I tried to put that collar on. It's...going back to the store. IT DOESN'T FIT!! :lol:

She and Sir were sitting side by side the other day and I did a double take, realizing that she's now taller than he is. No wonder he's nice to her from the start. He knew she was going to tower over him!

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I realized the other day that I've been aging Reese a month older than she actually is...if she was around 8 weeks when I found her in July, as my vet said, (they estimated her birth around the tail end of May) then right now she'd be 6 months, not 7. Oops!
Anyway, here's this month's update!
9 lbs of Reese. She doesn't realize how big she's getting. She still wants to fit into her kitten beds, cat tree baskets, and little hidey holes but she spills out! It looks like I'm going to need to upgrade all of her cozies soon.
A child called her a baby lion this weekend and I think she owns that quite well.

(She was spayed in August and her belly fur is still shorter than the rest...it's growing back so slowly!)