What Do You Think My Kitten Looks Like?

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! I'm dropping Reese in here to speculate on. She was a rough little stray when I found her, so odds are she's just a barn cat (so many burrs in her fur!!) but I swear every other person who meets her or sees a picture of her says she's got some Maine Coon in her. She definitely has and huge paws tufted ears. And when I was searching lost pet listings trying to find an owner I saw that someone had lost their Maine Coon kitten in my neighborhood...they had free roaming Coons that were not spayed or neutered. The kitten that they lost wasn't Reese, but it makes one wonder if their tom is out fathering kittens.
Now, this is all fun speculation like I said before, I know that she will forever and always be a ''domestic medium/longhair' but it's fun to play guessing games! So what do you think she looks like?
20180816_093056.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s beautiful! I think it looks like her pattern is dilute torbie. Her breed, as you mentioned, would be technically considered Domestic Longhair. I do think that she is a nice lookalike to a Maine Coon!

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a beaut! I found a little boy too and convinced he's a maine coon too. He certainly has the same look and about the same age as your Reese!

mightyboosh mightyboosh might have some input here!

Do you have a side profile photo?

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but it's fun to play guessing games!
Yup, you're right, it's the reason for this thread.
I won't argue the point with the good people above but I'll throw in a bit of confusion as my mind is torn. As I keep looking, some Siberian suggests itself then I look again and maybe not, back to MC.
A few more pics including side views, as suggested, would help.
By the way, I love that colouring.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, I can definitely try to post more pictures. When I tried the first time it would only allow me one. In the time that I've had Reese, her fur has not been Uber fluffy, but it's getting longer and softer by the day. Her tail and bum fluff are coming in so much stronger than the rest of her right now!

Attachments

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And finally, from the back.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still a bit torn so you'll have to promise to post pics as she develops which will be fun and help decide better. I'll go with the consensus for now.

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does this help?
Green = maine coon
Blue = Norwegian forest
Pink = siberian

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! Back with another picture. I FINALLY got that side profile of Reese, at least somewhat. That profile reference is very helpful! To me her profile seems more NFC? Gosh I'm not sure!

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Agh not sure why the second picture isn't showing up. Let's try again.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The nose doesn't look straight enough for NFC but after all, we assume she's not purebred so any similar feature to a purebred may not be as pronounced. How about a compromise - Siberian Forest Coon. There, all bases covered...…..maybe.;)

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys for all of your answers. You've been super helpful, and it sure is fun to play guessing games with Reese! I'll definitely keep everyone updated as she grows.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been looking at the photo threads! I posted in one a while back, gotta do that again.