What do I do?

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I knew she'd come around! And you've been doing great with how you've been with her since you found her. Keep us posted!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought she sounded like a love-bug...so wonderful to read this latest update

ranger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous name! This sounds like the start of a very beautiful relationship, congratulations to you both
I'm so glad you're both feeling better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's another update for the last 3 days:

SunLee is doing great. I've still got her seperated, although I've allowed Simba in with her, while I was in there and there hasn't been any problems. I let her come out both yesterday and today and she wandered around a bit, but got scared and came back in her room. I figure as long as she still is a little scared out here in the great big world, I'll let her stay where she feels secure. She has sniffed noses with both of the cats, through a crack in the door, but I think that Shane is more intimidating to her than Simba is. I noticed yesterday the sight of him in all of his HUGE glory made her want to panic and run back into the security of her room. She is eating well, and going to the bathroom, which is a total relief to me. She's even starting to respond to her new name.

How much longer should I keep her seperated? Should I wait until she feel completely secure around the other cats? I don't want her to get to the point where she only feels that the little room she's in, is her home. I want her to come out and join the family, but only when she's secure. Should I just make her come out and get used to it? Or should I keep her seperated a bit longer. I don't think she's having a real problem with the other cats, but I do think that Shane does scare her a bit.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, just look at him in his pic...all big and bad and gorgeous

And Simba is all "look how sweet and little I am"

I have been following your story with interest and am so glad all is going well.
Sorry, I won't even offer you further advice about Shane and Sunlee...
I will let the experts deal with that.

Cheers and good luck

I think she will come around.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I don't want her to get to the point where she only feels that the little room she's in, is her home. I want her to come out and join the family, but only when she's secure. Should I just make her come out and get used to it? Or should I keep her seperated a bit longer. I don't think she's having a real problem with the other cats, but I do think that Shane does scare her a bit.
I wonder what others will have to say about this. Lilly has been with me a month now and she has not left our bedroom. She is coming out from her spot under the bed more and more (I'd say she still spends at least 8 hours of the day hiding under the bed), but she has not ventured out of her room yet. I want her to come out and join the family too. But I don't want to lose her trust now.

Sounds like SunLee is doing soooooo much better though!!
I am glad to hear about all the progress she is making.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope, sounds like SunYee is doing great! Congrats!

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to leave the door open, gradually, until she's completely comfortable. It would be a good idea as well to keep her supervised around Shane and Simba for a couple of weeks. Especially seeing as she's a tiny thing...

Although being the sole female cat, she may become top cat in no time at all!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Really leave her be. She isn't going to stay in the room forever. Her cat curiousity will get the best of her eventually and she will come out and join everyone. If you force you, you will set her back to being scared and hiding for real again-

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Curiosity will certainly get the better of her because it did with Rosie.

Rosie would follow Sophie around at a safe distance just watching what she was doing and you could see she was taking everything in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Friday pm/Saturday am update:

This was just too exciting for me to not write up this update right now. SunLee decided she wanted to come out of isolation late Friday night, around 11pm. So, I opened up the doors and let her come out at her leisure. Simba and Shane were also happy because they could once again have access to the little storage room SunLee was staying in. When she came out and walked through the apartment, this time she did the normal snooping that all cats do, when they get to know their new home, and she didn't cower or act scared at all. She was just a curious little girl, checking out everything. Simba was following her all around and that didn't bother her at all. About a half an hour ago, they started running and playing and chasing each other. They have been having a ball. I believe she and Simba will become fast fast friends, and she seems to have the energy to keep up with Simba. It was so cute to watch them. First he'd run at her, and then he'd turn around and she'd start chasing him, then she'd run, then turn around and he'd start chasing her. It is so wonderful, because I think she is not only what I needed but what Simba has needed. Shane hasn't had the energy nor the desire to play with Simba. Now Simba has a playmate, and maybe now, Simba will leave Shane alone. Shane always gets so annoyed with Simba trying to pounce on him and play. I think this is turning out to be just perfect. It seems like it was truly fate, truly meant to be.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay that's great! I'm so glad you were so patient with her... it looks like it's all turning out for the best!