What did you dream about last night?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I remember about my dream last night was that there was a rattlesnake in my carport. I'm hoping that it is just all the stuff about snakes on my news feed. But a part of me is wondering if it isn't really there. My bedroom is adjacent to my carport and my windows are open. Hoping I didn't hear one out my window and my dream mind said "I'll go with that".
I need to go check.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last nights dream. (Night terror)
I was at a friend's aunts house (in the middle of nowhere up in the mountains in real life) everything is going well. We are watching a football game or something. There are a bunch of family there with children. The kids are all outside playing and having a good time. Most of the adults are inside getting ready for the game to start. Getting the food ready.
A news broadcast comes across the TV to take cover and then the broadcast cut out.
We heard this extremely loud kind of explosion type of noise kids come running in not knowing what the noise was. My sister in law said my niece and nephew were outside. I run out and yell for them to come inside. There Is this brightness growing in the sky and the temperature is rising quickly. I was able to get my nephew inside but my niece was still outside. By this time I can't move, i cant even breathe my lungs are burning from the heat in the air. The brightness is getting closer and hotter by the second. Somehow juniper (my niece) was inside and I was the only person outside at this point and everyone is inside yelling freaking out not knowing what is happening. The brightness is so close and then it's like an explosion of light and heat that is disintegrating everything. I'm still standing on the porch when it gets to where I am. I am screaming because of the extreme heat it is literally melting my skin and burning my lungs.
Husband finally got me to wake up sweaty and throat is hoarse.. ugh i hate night terrors
The worst part about my dreams is that they never have any correlation with anything I see on TV or read in books. I won't watch scary movies because of my night terrors.
Does anyone else suffer from night terrors? If so when did they start and how frequent do you have them?
Do they have any correlation to anything in your awake state?
Does anyone else feel what is happening in their dream? When I was younger I never used to feel anything that was in my dreams. (Also didn't have night terrors) Now I actually feel it as real as anything and I hate it..

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else suffer from night terrors? If so when did they start and how frequent do you have them?
Do they have any correlation to anything in your awake state?
Does anyone else feel what is happening in their dream? When I was younger I never used to feel anything that was in my dreams. (Also didn't have night terrors) Now I actually feel it as real as anything and I hate it..
My son has had night terrors since he was little. No, they have nothing to do with real life events, movies or books.
I don't have night terrors, but I feel everything both physically and mentally that happens in my dreams. It feels absolutely real, and when I wake, I can still feel it.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son has had night terrors since he was little. No, they have nothing to do with real life events, movies or books.
I don't have night terrors, but I feel everything both physically and mentally that happens in my dreams. It feels absolutely real, and when I wake, I can still feel it.
I feel everything that happens to me in my dream after I wake up too. I can still feel it just the same like even now if I think about the dream from last night I remember how it felt.. I don't like having them. It just started a couple years back and I hate it.
Thabk you for sharing. It makes me feel like I'm not insane.. lol

Anyway hope everyone has pleasant dreams tonight.

I'm hoping to not remember my dream I'd rather be up all night due to having ehs than sleep and have night terrors lol

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I feel everything that happens to me in my dream after I wake up too. I can still feel it just the same like even now if I think about the dream from last night I remember how it felt.. I don't like having them. It just started a couple years back and I hate it.
Thabk you for sharing. It makes me feel like I'm not insane.. lol

Anyway hope everyone has pleasant dreams tonight.

I'm hoping to not remember my dream I'd rather be up all night due to having ehs than sleep and have night terrors lol
Sometimes, I can't remember mine, but I can usually grasp onto the over all feel of it. Was it funny? Comforting? Did it make me anxious, scared, etc.? Night terrors are no joke, I'm sorry you have to deal with them.
I had a really weird/funny one where I was volunteered to drive a bus. I decided I should take a lesson or two before I drove it, so I got on the bus and it was huge and wide, and it had no windshield. It was just this big solid wall. I was like "um..." and they said "oh, you just use your side mirrors" and for some reason this made sense. The day went on and I got uneasy so I went back to the bus. The solid wall replacing the windshield was much taller, and the steering wheel was a huge tree branch with a really weird looking bird mask on it. I questioned it, and they trimmed the branch down and told me to toss the mask into the trash, and I did. When the time came to actually drive the bus, I was like "forget this" and just bailed, and didn't show up. :lol:
I woke up at some point that night and then fell back to sleep. I woke up again around 5AM, and my FIRST thought was "you just put a hamburger on the stove, now don't go falling asleep" and I promptly dozed off then woke up with a panic 45 minutes later thinking I had put a hamburger on the stove and it was burning. I have no idea what that was all about.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes, I can't remember mine, but I can usually grasp onto the over all feel of it. Was it funny? Comforting? Did it make me anxious, scared, etc.? Night terrors are no joke, I'm sorry you have to deal with them.
I had a really weird/funny one where I was volunteered to drive a bus. I decided I should take a lesson or two before I drove it, so I got on the bus and it was huge and wide, and it had no windshield. It was just this big solid wall. I was like "um..." and they said "oh, you just use your side mirrors" and for some reason this made sense. The day went on and I got uneasy so I went back to the bus. The solid wall replacing the windshield was much taller, and the steering wheel was a huge tree branch with a really weird looking bird mask on it. I questioned it, and they trimmed the branch down and told me to toss the mask into the trash, and I did. When the time came to actually drive the bus, I was like "forget this" and just bailed, and didn't show up. :lol:
I woke up at some point that night and then fell back to sleep. I woke up again around 5AM, and my FIRST thought was "you just put a hamburger on the stove, now don't go falling asleep" and I promptly dozed off then woke up with a panic 45 minutes later thinking I had put a hamburger on the stove and it was burning. I have no idea what that was all about.
Now, see, I could handle dreams like these... lol I loved it. Especially the wall as the windshield and the tree branch being the steering wheel.. then the hamburger hahaha oh my I wish my dreams were like this..

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my best attempt at a nightmare. This was a long time ago, but I'll never forget it. I swear this is a true dream.
It was very foggy and I was in a forest. Not your typical forest, the trees had no leaves. The branches reached out to one another and I could hear them clanking in the fog. I saw a dark shadow behind one of the trees. Curiosity took me and I went to the tree I saw it at. The shadow darted to another tree, then another. I followed, getting deeper and deeper into the foggy, tree clanking forest. Soon I was totally lost. I saw the shadow figure again and this time I darted to the spot where I saw it. (I don't know why it was so important for me to find the figure, but...dreams). I approached the tree it was hiding behind. At this point I was starting to feel anxious. Then the figure jumped out, held his finger to his lips and said, "Be very quiet, I'm hunting wabbits".
I woke myself up laughing.
My brain just won't let me have a nightmare.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
At this point I was starting to feel anxious. Then the figure jumped out, held his finger to his lips and said, "Be very quiet, I'm hunting wabbits".
I woke myself up laughing.
My brain just won't let me have a nightmare.
🤣 I was reading that, feeling all tense, then read the end and I busted up laughing!

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 I experienced the same thing as iPappy iPappy feeling all tense and everything.. reading faster and faster... then when I got to this part

Then the figure jumped out, held his finger to his lips and said, "Be very quiet, I'm hunting wabbits".
I even read it in the cartoon (oh I can't remember his name, the guy with the shot gun and hat who hunts bugs bunny) voice lol omgoodness it was great!!!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 I experienced the same thing as iPappy iPappy feeling all tense and everything.. reading faster and faster... then when I got to this part

I even read it in the cartoon (oh I can't remember his name, the guy with the shot gun and hat who hunts bugs bunny) voice lol omgoodness it was great!!!
Yes, it was Elmer Fudd who jumped out, I just completely forgot to write that. I saw it in my mind and of course everyone can see that. :lol2:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My niece and nephew and I are walking this path it's kind of foggy and the path is slippery.. the kids got a little too far ahead and I was trying to catch up and I just so happen to notice that there was a baby alligator on the path I jumped over it and ran to catch up with them. No matter how fast I was running I couldn't catch up to them and there were more and more alligators on the path now I'm basically stepping on them but apparently the kids don't see them. They disappear and I'm yelling for them to stop so I can get to them. I have no clue where they went because I reached a point and the path just ended and I wound up running right off a cliff into a swamp or lake. There is this big boat and it has a rope from up top going diagonally into the water I'm trying to swim to the boat it's a bit of a distance away. I look to my right and I thought I saw something.. I just kept swimming and as I got closer something was suddenly tied around my ankle and pulled me down a little I'm starting to struggle while I'm going under but I get the rope off of me and when I come to the surface of the water I see the rope on the boat get tight and something jerked the rope so hard it pulled the top of the boat to where it rocked the boat this happened like 4 times I'm kind of floating in place looking around trying to figure out what it is.. then there is a huge gator right near me I'm swimming as fast as I can I don't know why but I decide to swim under water and I'm out swimming the gator. I'm almost to the rope that is tied to the boat I see it under the water and it got tight something jerked on it from deep below me. I look back don't see anything look forward and there is a gator mouth open and he chomped my arm i felt every bone crunch in my arm and he let go.. idk how to get away but I'm trying he then comes straight towards my head and I feel his powerful jaws and big teeth crunch/crush my head. I can still hear and feel it. Ugh I've been awake now for an hour and can't go back to sleep. Also now my ehs is acting up so I'm going to be awake all night. Oh well I got about an hour of sleep that's enough. Lol
Good night and pleasant dreams all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So again my dream make no sense.
I'm at "my" clinic...although it doesn't look like my actual clinic in real life. And I'm trying to get it all organized and I'm explaining pictures I have on my wall to someone. And during all this I'm trying to find something...I honestly don't know what, but I couldn't find it. And I walk in another room and it's occupied with a patient, so I hurriedly scurry out and apologize. Then for whatever reason, I'm home and I'm wanting to make some hash brown patties and they fall apart as I try to put them on the baking sheet. I realize that the baking sheet I'm using isn't big enough so I go to my cupboard to get a bigger one and see that someone has thrown out all my baking sheets and replaced them with ones that are wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper. I'm livid, because I love my baking sheets, and like, how dare someone go thru my cupboards and sort/throw out MY stuff! So I pull one out that looks like it's the right size and take the wrapping paper off...and it's not even a new baking sheet! It's old and crusty but I have to make the hash brown patties so it is what it is...that's when I wake up.

Someday, I'll post a dream that has some sort of interesting storyline...

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So again my dream make no sense.
I'm at "my" clinic...although it doesn't look like my actual clinic in real life. And I'm trying to get it all organized and I'm explaining pictures I have on my wall to someone. And during all this I'm trying to find something...I honestly don't know what, but I couldn't find it. And I walk in another room and it's occupied with a patient, so I hurriedly scurry out and apologize. Then for whatever reason, I'm home and I'm wanting to make some hash brown patties and they fall apart as I try to put them on the baking sheet. I realize that the baking sheet I'm using isn't big enough so I go to my cupboard to get a bigger one and see that someone has thrown out all my baking sheets and replaced them with ones that are wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper. I'm livid, because I love my baking sheets, and like, how dare someone go thru my cupboards and sort/throw out MY stuff! So I pull one out that looks like it's the right size and take the wrapping paper off...and it's not even a new baking sheet! It's old and crusty but I have to make the hash brown patties so it is what it is...that's when I wake up.

Someday, I'll post a dream that has some sort of interesting storyline...
The hashbrown thing with the Christmas wrapping paper sounds like something I'd dream of!
Mine last night is fuzzy in my memory, but I remember I was working on my laptop and I noticed smoke coming out of the side. I flipped it over and realized all the little vents etc. were crunked up with debris, so I cleaned it out but still smelled smoke intensely. The smell woke me up and for about 30 seconds I sat there looking around, wondering if I actually smelled smoke or if it was leftover from the dream. Weird.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m in a parents book review group for children-teens. The other night a mom posted after reading the first book in my most favorite childhood series with some concerns. I’ve read the entire series multiple times including as an adult; so I was able to really address her concerns. (And she listened and thanked me.)

So last night I dreamed the next book in the series. :lol: The author passed away before finishing. The characters were loosely based on her mother and family but she never got to tell us everything. But my dream was wonderful. Probably one of the best nights of sleep I’ve had in a while. There was mystery, a little adventure, the house…the characters. Good dream.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My niece and nephew and I are walking this path it's kind of foggy and the path is slippery.. the kids got a little too far ahead and I was trying to catch up and I just so happen to notice that there was a baby alligator on the path I jumped over it and ran to catch up with them. No matter how fast I was running I couldn't catch up to them and there were more and more alligators on the path now I'm basically stepping on them but apparently the kids don't see them. They disappear and I'm yelling for them to stop so I can get to them. I have no clue where they went because I reached a point and the path just ended and I wound up running right off a cliff into a swamp or lake. There is this big boat and it has a rope from up top going diagonally into the water I'm trying to swim to the boat it's a bit of a distance away. I look to my right and I thought I saw something.. I just kept swimming and as I got closer something was suddenly tied around my ankle and pulled me down a little I'm starting to struggle while I'm going under but I get the rope off of me and when I come to the surface of the water I see the rope on the boat get tight and something jerked the rope so hard it pulled the top of the boat to where it rocked the boat this happened like 4 times I'm kind of floating in place looking around trying to figure out what it is.. then there is a huge gator right near me I'm swimming as fast as I can I don't know why but I decide to swim under water and I'm out swimming the gator. I'm almost to the rope that is tied to the boat I see it under the water and it got tight something jerked on it from deep below me. I look back don't see anything look forward and there is a gator mouth open and he chomped my arm i felt every bone crunch in my arm and he let go.. idk how to get away but I'm trying he then comes straight towards my head and I feel his powerful jaws and big teeth crunch/crush my head. I can still hear and feel it. Ugh I've been awake now for an hour and can't go back to sleep. Also now my ehs is acting up so I'm going to be awake all night. Oh well I got about an hour of sleep that's enough. Lol
Good night and pleasant dreams all.
Have you ever tried to learn how to lucid dream? I learned how many years ago (don't remember how though, it was a long time ago), but this will stop your night terrors/ nightmares in their tracks. It's worth a try.