What color?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I captured these today. The lighting is different, but it still shows how his eyes change. 1836136058525743442.jpg VideoCapture_20221128-094909.jpg VideoCapture_20221128-095129.jpg

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I captured these today. The lighting is different, but it still shows how his eyes change.View attachment 437421View attachment 437422View attachment 437423
I have noticed with some of my cats, most of them actually, even when their eyecolor has settled, it can still look different in different lighting’s. Tess for instance who was a tortoiseshell had sort of gold colored eyes but they were also hazel, they had brown and a little green in them and sometimes they looked like a celadon green too.

Quinn who is a Siamese and has blue eyes, his eyes can look very deep, bright blue and also lighter depending on the lighting and what’s reflecting.

Blue eyes are caused by different types of albinism or lack of pigment in cats- they can be caused by having the color point or white gene. If they have white hair on the face near the eyes it can cause blue eyes due to lack of pigment. They are related to green eyes, because green eyes have less pigment in them. Whereas blue eyes in cats have no pigment almost.
I have read that in people with blue eyes below the layer that is blue they have a brown layer, I’m not sure if that’s true for cats too, I haven't read anything about it. I have blue- green eyes which is one of the rarer colors in people, and I have little specks of yellow in the blue which can be seen close up.

Zena probably has the most unusual color of my kitties because he is dichroic, the center is green and the outer part is yellow.

4E78EAE8-E5D1-46BC-BCAD-A546890B2878.jpeg

Last edited:

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No point in trying to name a colour when they're still changing.
This was true at the beginning of the thread. Now, he has beautiful green eyes. They change in the light.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking a bit dichroic there like my Zena, who has very distinct green in the center and yellow outside. 💓

07C9D6ED-33F7-4025-BA3A-86AFA98758A9.jpeg

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looking a bit dichroic there like my Zena, who has very distinct green in the center and yellow outside. 💓

View attachment 438998
I was wondering if you would catch that! 🤩🤩🤩 I see it too! This has been a gratifying gift from above. I thought about it when I read your post, but I wasn't sure. Now, I'm sure. BTW, you are fantastic to share this with also. You have has been helpful and kind