What color?

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! My kitten is 7 or 8 weeks old. I can't tell what color his eyes are. I'm not sure if they are going to stay either. He was abandoned, and I have cared for him since September 19. Attached is a picture of his baby blue eyes took October 7th, and the other 2 are of today. This is to give you an idea of how much they have changed and the difference between the two.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Cute kitty! It looks like his eyes are changing color already from the pics. I would imagine you will continue to see change for a few months yet - from what I have read, it usually occurs around 3 months old, but can take up to 6 months old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, he is a cutie pie. πŸ₯° I did not know that the process could take that long. I do see them changing; I thought he was going to be a green-eyed little guy. They appear to have a green hue to me. But it will be worth watching every day πŸ₯° This is an exciting new adventure.

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here's a picture of his eyes today. To me, they look green. Can they change again, or am I starting to see his permanent eye color?
20221029_084149_resized.jpg

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw he is gorgeous… I think they are going to be green they could get brighter. My Angie had blue eyes for longer than normal and then they turned bright emerald green eventually, it took a while. She was a tortie.

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aw he is gorgeous… I think they are going to be green they could get brighter. My Angie had blue eyes for longer than normal and then they turned bright emerald green eventually, it took a while. She was a tortie.
Aww, thank you for replying to me. This is so awesome to watch. I've never been able to see the transition before.πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for a little brown to come up? I took this picture today and saw brown. Maybe he is going to have gold or yellow?
There is a possibility. I have fostered a few kittens and some of them had eyes so blue that I thought that would be their permanent colour but it was interesting to see some of them later develop brown and green eyes

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for a little brown to come up? I took this picture today and saw brown. Maybe he is going to have gold or yellow?
Time will tell but I still think green prolly. My Zena is dichroic, he has green in the center of his eyes and yellow at the outside.

Peaches&Mango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sorry to jump on, but do you have any pictures of the development of her green eyes? I’m curious because my little Blueberry has green eyes, but his stayed blue for much much longer than his siblings and I was at one point starting to think they would stay! They only became green around 4 months in. They transitioned to green and were a bluey green for a while then just green and they have stayed like that now but I’m wondering if his will go bright green as he gets older, I know it can take time

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here are pictures from today. Thank you to everyone who has been replying. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’Ÿ Also, he is between 10 and 11 weeks now.

Attachments

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry to jump on, but do you have any pictures of the development of her green eyes? I’m curious because my little Blueberry has green eyes, but his stayed blue for much much longer than his siblings and I was at one point starting to think they would stay! They only became green around 4 months in. They transitioned to green and were a bluey green for a while then just green and they have stayed like that now but I’m wondering if his will go bright green as he gets older, I know it can take time
Not really, unfortunately, but I posted one when they were changing here for the cat of the month thing… it almost won too. πŸ˜€ here are some- one when blue, that one when changing and later… she was such a beauty and I never got a really good photo of her or her eye color…it was very hard to get unless you were outside in the right light. She had an aquiline nose, but you can’t tell that from the front, it was very delicate.

A593FAD9-3D31-4EE9-A25A-24BB07F61DF0.jpeg
9F287F32-67F7-42E2-8528-8CC05937EFAF.jpeg

DCD46C82-DB8F-42AA-A8F1-19F79C3D0171.jpeg

Last edited:

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not really, unfortunately, but I posted one when they were changing here for the cat of the month thing… it almost won too. πŸ˜€ here are some- one when blue, that one when changing and later… she was such a beauty and I never got a really good photo of her or her eye color…it was very hard to get unless you were outside in the right light. She had an aquiline nose, but you can’t tell that from the front, it was very delicate.

View attachment 435870View attachment 435871
View attachment 435872
She is beautiful
β€β€β€πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was my sweet little Angie bear, she was feisty too unlike my Tess, first tortie, who was very mellow. Angie saved me after Tess went to the bridge. πŸ’•πŸΎπŸŒˆ
I can relate. I think maybe you saved each other. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜ΌπŸ˜ΌπŸ˜ΌπŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
His eyes must be hazel Sometimes they look green, sometimes, a little yellow, and others, a little gold.
VideoCapture_20221116-150111.jpg
VideoCapture_20221118-074233.jpg
IMG_20221118_084134.jpg
VideoCapture_20221123-104123.jpg

Last edited: