What color do you paint you fingernails??

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm too hot-blooded and volatile, to wear pastels and DEAD people have blue fingernails.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never paint mine, ever! If I do its a pale pink or something like that. I'm not into bright nails.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I very seldom paint my nails. When I do, I only use clear for my finger nails, since colored nails make my fingers look short and chubby. I use colors for my toe nails. Any will do, provided it's not grannyish.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

This is Wet ' Wild's Egplant Frost (yes, they ARE home-grown)

Wow they look lethal! My mum and i are always trying to grow them and cutting them back, but my grandma has had talons like those for ages! I dont know how she keeps them so strong

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine are usually long and lovely - unfortunately broke most of them the other week whilst burying Paddy!!

Growing them back now - usually just wear clear or French manicure on my fingers, bright purples/red/pinks for toes!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm too hot-blooded and volatile, to wear pastels and DEAD people have blue fingernails.
i found this especially funny because i just painted my toes this weekend - a lovely, deep, royal metallic blue! but i'm still alive & kicking!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I just tried nailpolish the other day that was suppose to last 10 days with no chipping. It's day 2 and the edges have started to chip off.

Maybe I just work with my hands too much.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wear nail polish on my fingernails because of my job (surgical scrub nurse.) I always have polish on my toes....right now is a pretty purple/maroonish color called Aurora by Lancome. My other two favorite colors for toes are Code Red by Lancome and Rosa Rosa by Estee Lauder, which is a great brownish rose color that goes well with everything.

Pookie & the girls

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Well I just tried nailpolish the other day that was suppose to last 10 days with no chipping. It's day 2 and the edges have started to chip off.

Maybe I just work with my hands too much.
Put a coat of clear Saly Hansen's TeflonTough on top - the color will last longer.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well right now I have tips on my nails. I dont keep up with my toes too much in the winter
But I did manage to finally paint them the other day!! Its a pretty mauve/purple color....but in the summer I like BRIGHT colors!!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

While watching American Idol last night I noticed that many of the female performers (and Paula) had there fingernails painted a real dark color. It also seemed like the nails weren't very long either.
Mine are in pretty good shape this time of year but I usually only wear clear or a real pale color.
What colors does everyone use (and brand too!)
Right now mine are a burgandy so dark its almost black. And they're short. It's trendy right now. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first but the girls at the office rubbed off on me.
Now I love how it looks.
My toenails match too.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Put a coat of clear Saly Hansen's TeflonTough on top - the color will last longer.
I think I need a new bottle of her miracle cure. The Teflon Tough was alright, but my nails chipped (themselves..not the polish). I like the Miracle Cure better...but mine is 3 years old, so I think its time to buy new and try again.