What Breed Of Cats Are These?

Mohsin308

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1:I got one of them while he was little and was dumped by someone,had an eye infection but he's alright now(The little one on the right side eyes closed)
IMG_20170617_194356_003.jpg
new2.jpg
new.jpg

2:the other one i found some months ago don't know the owner tried but in vain,
IMG_20170506_050808.jpg

3:And this third one is for sale by a friend,He want's to know whats the breed.
IMG_20170619_024747.jpg
IMG_20170619_024856.jpg
SquareBlend_201761931112801.jpg

Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mohsin308

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have some research,they all look like maine coons,don't they?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Cat 1 is a decent Maine Coon lookalike, cat 2 is more of a Siberian lookalike (wider face). If they are larger cats (about 15+ pounds, that would be a strong indication that they do have influence from these giant breeds. Without papers, though, cat 1 would be a cream and white Domestic Longhair, and cat 2 would be a cream Domestic Longhair. They are both very handsome cats! What are their names? I feel just horrible calling them "cat 1 and cat 2". The cat your friend found is a pretty good Turkish Angora lookalike, but this is a very rare breed, so unless your friend has pedigree papers for him, he would also be a Domestic Longhair. His coloring is very unique though, I believe it's called shell cameo.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nr 2 has some looks of a british longhair, but I suspect its sooner an persian ancestry behind - granddad face. The somewhat flattish face. Also, longhaired british arent common. While with persian ancestry he would have at least half of the longhair gene in him... So to speak.

Abyeb, nice catch on the Cameo-nuance. I would otherwise say creme and white, but yours is more precise.

Mohsin308

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cat 1 is a decent Maine Coon lookalike, cat 2 is more of a Siberian lookalike (wider face). If they are larger cats (about 15+ pounds, that would be a strong indication that they do have influence from these giant breeds. Without papers, though, cat 1 would be a cream and white Domestic Longhair, and cat 2 would be a cream Domestic Longhair. They are both very handsome cats! What are their names? I feel just horrible calling them "cat 1 and cat 2". The cat your friend found is a pretty good Turkish Angora lookalike, but this is a very rare breed, so unless your friend has pedigree papers for him, he would also be a Domestic Longhair. His coloring is very unique though, I believe it's called shell cameo.
haha 1s name meenu and 2s eenu(cheesy names by my sisters :)
So if u don't have papers that means they would be called domestics even if they are purebreeds?
btw thanks for info.

Mohsin308

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nr 2 has some looks of a british longhair, but I suspect its sooner an persian ancestry behind - granddad face. The somewhat flattish face. Also, longhaired british arent common. While with persian ancestry he would have at least half of the longhair gene in him... So to speak.

Abyeb, nice catch on the Cameo-nuance. I would otherwise say creme and white, but yours is more precise.
meh another race to match :O
thanks btw.

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
haha 1s name meenu and 2s eenu(cheesy names by my sisters :)
So if u don't have papers that means they would be called domestics even if they are purebreeds?
btw thanks for info.
With purebred cats, we're talking about small probabilities. Only 5% of housecats are purebreds. Most cats have been mixed for generations, which is why, unless a cat has the pedigree papers prooving its lineage, we can only speculate about a cat's possible heritage by looking at defining features beyond color and pattern such as head and muzzle shape, ear size, and body type. All cats are cute and lovable, regardless. :hearthrob: