IMG_4894.JPG
IMG_4831.JPG
IMG_4818.JPG
IMG_4829.JPG
IMG_4905.JPG
IMG_4894.JPG
IMG_4831.JPG
IMG_4818.JPG
I adopted this little baby when she was only 2 weeks, her mom was killed before I adopt her so I got no idea what breed is she. She's 8 weeks old now. Can anyone help me please?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She could be considered a Korat lookalike, though her eye color is different. It's impossible to tell what breeds she might have in her ancestry, short of a DNA test, so she would be called a blue Domestic Shorthair. She's so cute and you have done a wonderful thing by rescuing her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anhvo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your reply! When she was 2 weeks old, her eyes color is blue. It's kinda pale yellow now. I did some search on the internet and found some picture looks quite like her, and the articla said that picture is Russian Blue cat.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
RBs are typically a little more slender, and have a different facial profile when viewed from the side. TCS member Wags Wags is an expert on Russian Blues, and I'm sure they'll be glad to show you some pictures of their Russian Blue, to use as a comparison. :)

Anhvo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I appreciate it. God bless you!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I will mention, both Russian Blue, and Korats, has lively green eyes. The eyes may be green already as young kittens (infants has blue of course), but sometimes it develops with time. Still, if its yellow now at 8 weeks, the indicium is she is neither. The money betting will be a blue domestic, however sweet she is.
Both these breeds has also more or less a silvery shine on their furs. RB are the more slender of the two, Korat tend to be a little more stocky.

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi - she looks like such a sweetie. I love blues. My Niki on the profile pick (4 months in this shot) is a pure breed Russian so you can see the head profile (below is a stock photo showing the angles you'd expect with a RB - straight nose, blunt muzzle and flat long head) Russians always have green eyes - usually emerald green. Your baby looks younger and so its hard to tell with her coat as she has her fluffy kitten fur. Her paw pads seem pink and russians are a bit more dusky colored but hard to tell in photos. I can't get a decent photo of Niki's paws .... she thinks I'm playing with her haha. That said the ghost stripes, nose color and wide set ears (but they seem small and a little too fur covered) are all RB traits. The tell will be her eventual eye color ( eye color settles about 4-8 months, by 4 months you should definately see at least a green ring around the pupil) and the head shape. Fur color is important, your kitten is obviously blue, RB guard hairs are sliver tipped which makes them look very shimmery in some light. (One of the photos I took of Niki emphasises this - looks like she has been dusted with white powder). Niki is nearly 6 months now and getting more adult looking so keep enjoying the adorable kitten stage. Would love to see a photo of her in a couple of months ❤

Attachments

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
Feel like I'm over posting on this haha forgot to point out that Niki is Australian and closesr to the English type - difference is mostly body muscle and size. Eye color and head angles are much the same.
The typology of the breed:
- English type (standard GCCF). Stronger body structure, closer set ears and a moderately active temperament.
- Siberian / Scandinavian type. Coat in darker shades of grey. Extremely shy.
- American type (standard TICA / CFA). Very small and slender, with a clear silver coat. Very widely set ears and round, big eyes. The least shy.
- European type (standard FIFe). Harmonious silhouette, medium sized ears - large but not placed on the sides of the head. Almond-shaped eyes. Medium blue colour. Character described as intermediate between the above types.

Anhvo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Feel like I'm over posting on this haha forgot to point out that Niki is Australian and closesr to the English type - difference is mostly body muscle and size. Eye color and head angles are much the same.
The typology of the breed:
- English type (standard GCCF). Stronger body structure, closer set ears and a moderately active temperament.
- Siberian / Scandinavian type. Coat in darker shades of grey. Extremely shy.
- American type (standard TICA / CFA). Very small and slender, with a clear silver coat. Very widely set ears and round, big eyes. The least shy.
- European type (standard FIFe). Harmonious silhouette, medium sized ears - large but not placed on the sides of the head. Almond-shaped eyes. Medium blue colour. Character described as intermediate between the above types.
Thank you so much for all of those helpful information that you've mentioned. Niki is so sweet! I just curious about my little kitty's breed and post this thread. I'm so surprise that you guys know a lot about your little fur babies, and all of that is so helpful for me to take care of mine. Thanks a lot Wags! I definitely will post some more picture of my kitty and ask you questions, I hope that not gonna borther you! God bless you!

Anhvo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will mention, both Russian Blue, and Korats, has lively green eyes. The eyes may be green already as young kittens (infants has blue of course), but sometimes it develops with time. Still, if its yellow now at 8 weeks, the indicium is she is neither. The money betting will be a blue domestic, however sweet she is.
Both these breeds has also more or less a silvery shine on their furs. RB are the more slender of the two, Korat tend to be a little more stocky.
Thanks a lot for your information StefanZ StefanZ ! God bless you!