What Breed Is My Kitten

HollyBelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wondering what breed my kitten is. The person I got him from said siamese but I originally thought more Snowshoe. However, someone told me he had the markings of a Ragdoll so now I am unsure. Can anyone help me out?
20170801_231141.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Ragdolls can have those "inverted V" bicolor point markings like the Snowshoe markings, but since your little boy is shorthaired, I'd say certainly more of a Snowshoe lookalike than a Ragdoll lookalike. Technically without papers, though, he would considered a Domestic Shorthair, blue bicolor pointed in color. Adorable little guy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HollyBelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hos coloring just seems so light for a snowshoe. Don't they nor.ally have darker markings?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your absolutely gorgeous Lilac Point or Fawn Point kitten gives every indication of being a Snowshoe. There are several Snowshoe owners on TCS, although they post very seldom because their Snowshoes have crashed their computers and broken their phones. Post #3 here gives a brief history of Snowshoes:

Siamese? Snowshoe?

Right this way to Snowshoe threads:

Personal Question About Male Kitten

New!

1 Year Old Snowshoe Siamese Wants To Be The Only One.

Simon: Freak, or freakishly intelligent?

Really, they're delightful companions... very intelligent, extremely inquisitive, often very vocal, and can be quite amusing. Mine's currently playing with the electrical connexions on my computer and sh

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hos coloring just seems so light for a snowshoe. Don't they nor.ally have darker markings?
Snowshoes come in different colored markings :)

I was thinking blue point for your baby, thinking that he might darken up later, but looking back at the picture, I agree with 1CatOverTheLine that lilac point seems more fitting.

EDIT: https://www.tica.org/pdf/publications/ucd.pdf, explains the colors for pointed breeds. See the first table on the Uniform Color Descriptions, page 4.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HollyBelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And that's another thing, the personality isn't that of being super inquisitive or possessive or anything that is usually associated with Snowshoes. He is ridiculously loving and when put down will sit on his back legs with his arms outstretched to be picked up again...maybe I just got a weird Snowshoe haha. Thank you also for all the kitty compliments. He really is beautiful:)