What breed is my kitten

mrshennesy09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello I just got a new kitten today! She/he (not sure on gender yet) is Snow White, has one blue eye and one brown eye! Not sure if she/he is a regular domestic cat or if she/he some sort of breed. It also has a kink at the tip of its tail?!?!

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have a so so bad news,  and I have  so so news.

The first is, I cant place her.  It stands still in my head.  Of course, there arent that many pure white breeds around.   How is her tail, fuzzy?  would you describe her as shorthair, or longer fur?

The second, this kink of the tail.  This is a fault.  Although in practice its utterly rare it has any negative consequences for that individual.  BUT it makes her useless for Showing and breeding.   And thus, may be a indicium she is purebred of some sort.

As she is of pet quality for a breeder, he will sell her cheaply.  At best make sure she goes to a good home - serious breeders make sure so.

But will perhaps talk quietly what breeding she is from - he doesnt want to get his reputation hurt.

A byb breeder will just sell her, not bothering to send the pedigree nor certificates.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrshennesy09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
StefanZ thank you for your response.
We aren't selling him/her, we just got the kitty today from a friend who couldn't keep it! It's definitely longer fur and the tail is fuzzy. It's pure white there's no markings or anything of any sort on it. And one blue eye and one brown eye.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
StefanZ thank you for your response.
We aren't selling him/her, we just got the kitty today from a friend who couldn't keep it! It's definitely longer fur and the tail is fuzzy. It's pure white there's no markings or anything of any sort on it. And one blue eye and one brown eye.
Dont worry, I understood from the beginning you arent the seller, you are the "end consumer", the private owner.    :)

OK, different eyes - its good, because its a quarantee she isnt deaf - which otherwise may happen with wholly white cats.

Two white breeds are rrenown their eyes may have different colors:

Turkish Angora, whom are usually longhaired,

annd the shorthairish  Khao Manée from Thailand...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrshennesy09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah after doing some research I was thinking Turkish Angora but I wasn't sure! And I peeked at the gender and I'm pretty sure it's a girl!! I've always wanted a fully white cat. I'm so happy.