What Breed Is My Cat

riagrande

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found a cat in my basement along with 5 kittens .
trying to figure out what breed she is.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ouch a beauty!

The eyes are they green or yellow as on pic?

If green we will need more pics to determine if she is. Russian blue or a korat look alike.

How do the kittens look like? Coloring on them pattern?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

riagrande

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ouch a beauty!

The eyes are they green or yellow as on pic?

If green we will need more pics to determine if she is. Russian blue or a korat look alike.

How do the kittens look like? Coloring on them pattern?
Her eyes are yellow. 3 kittens were tiger, one was all grey like her and one was black and white tuxedo.
20171201_013002.jpg

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OK. She is a good korat look alike with that face and body shape. NOT purebred, because purebreds has green eyes.
The tom was a tabby with white. Not purebred as he has different genes aside of the tabby gene and white spot gene.

The resulting kittens seems to be as pretty moggies as they can be.

Is momma friendly? Ie an apparently dumped family girl, or is she a shy, but brave semiferal?

When I saw the first photo, I though on the possibility she was a purebred, whom fled from mating. And thus, could have purebred kittens... This is rare, but can certainly happen now and then!

But this is not so. :)

Anyways, if you fancy an addition of beautiful cat to your household, your luck is done.

I would recommend you adopt the momma, because its easier to find good homes to sweet kittens, than to an adult cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

riagrande

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK. She is a good korat look alike with that face and body shape. NOT purebred, because purebreds has green eyes.
The tom was a tabby with white. Not purebred as he has different genes aside of the tabby gene and white spot gene.

The resulting kittens seems to be as pretty moggies as they can be.

Is momma friendly? Ie an apparently dumped family girl, or is she a shy, but brave semiferal?

When I saw the first photo, I though on the possibility she was a purebred, whom fled from mating. And thus, could have purebred kittens... This is rare, but can certainly happen now and then!

But this is not so. :)

Anyways, if you fancy an addition of beautiful cat to your household, your luck is done.

I would recommend you adopt the momma, because its easier to find good homes to sweet kittens, than to an adult cat.
I have worked hard to establish a relationship with mama cat. For the first couple weeks when I brought the food, she wouldn't come out but when i checked back the food would be gone. Then she would come out when i brought down the food. She would hiss, spit at me and lunge at me like she was going to attack me. I was very scared of her. She also kept on moving her kittens. I thought there was no hope for her. As time went on I kept on talking to her and would shake a bag of treats and she would come out and I would be able to throw her a treat from about 4 ft away and she would eat them. Eventually the kittens got bigger and they were all over the place. The kittens would start to come up to me and mama cat didn't have a choice anymore and she started to let me pet the kittens. Finally a major break through mama cat let me et her back. The kittens were old enough and tame enough for me to find them homes. I started to let mama cat upstairs with the one kitten that was left. They were very comfortable. I decided to keep them both. I still wonder where the mama cat came from. She was really clean. No ear mites, no fleas, No feline lukemea. To my surprise she ended up to me a nice cat. I put many ads online to find her owner. No luck. Who would abandoned her, especially going into the winter months.