What breed is my cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zappagal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has black pads and seems to be very tall with long legs. She is extremely vocal and interested in everything I do. Also she's a great hunter... anytime a reptile sneaks into my apartment she makes sure it doesn't live to see another day! I think her funniest trait is the fact that she will watch movies with us [emoji]128569[/emoji]

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Without knowing her parentage, she's considered a Domestic Shorthair (DSH). Tabby is actually a pattern, not a breed. The tabby pattern occurs in many different breeds, both shorthair and longhair. There are several variations of tabby patterns as well: mackerel, spotted, classic (or blotched), ticked. Your kitty's pattern is mackerel tabby, named for the stripes in the pattern. She's a beautiful cat, but I don't see any characteristics that would make her a lookalike for any specific breed.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello zappagal, welcome to TCS :wavey:

Yes, Mod GoldyCat is right. Your kitty is a DSH Tabby, but to be precise, she is a DSH Brown Broken Striped Mackerel Tabby.
SHE's a very sweet cat! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zappagal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the info! I've never seen a tabby coat with spots which is what had me wondering. Glad to be a part of an informative group. Happy holidays !