What breed is my cat?

jkpln

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, i just recently adopted a cat, i'd be the 3rd adopter, the 2nd adopter didn't know any details of this cat, i took him to vets and they couldnt distinguish if it was a ragdoll, or a himalayan/siamese (as what they mentioned), i searched online, and i found it pretty similar to a ragdoll, except my cats eyes turn dark when he's inside, and turns light blue/silver when he's out in the sun., its my first time taking care of cats, thanks!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A couple more of good photos would be welcome!   it seems to be a very pretty one, whoever he is!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tx for these nice photos, made with such apparent love!

I think Jack could be said to be a look alike of a Ragdoll, a mitted ragdoll ie one point with much white.  If mitted will even a ragdoll get white feets.. (ragdolls usually dont have white feets).. The point color is seal I think, ie the point color equivalent to black/very dark.  Ragdoll, seal point and white, or mitted seal point bicolor....   something like that.

Mitted bicolor is also a rather common color-variation in Ragdolls.

Althought without papers its difficult to know.  He could even be  a kitten of two non pointed, short haired cats,  IF they parents were both carriers of both the point and the longhaired gene. If so, in a litter of several kittens, one or two could be such as he the others not pointed and not longhaired....

I dont think he is similiar to a Himalayan (=longhaired Persian) or Siamese (here longhaired siamese = balinese).   Although I do admit, the Himalayan is usually not as extreme shortnosed as the contemporary flat face persian.   And the balinese usually not so extremely long nosed as the modern siamese.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jkpln

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for your response, i appreciate it!