What Breed Is My Calico?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your pretty girl could be described as either tortoiseshell and white, or calico... I would say tortoiseshell and white, as generally we think of calico cats as having bigger patches of black and red.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and we describe them as domestic shorthair or longhair depending on coat type. My guess would be that your girl is genetically a longhair, so I would describe her as a domestic longhair. (You can also say "mediumhair," which refers to a longhaired cat that isn't as fluffy as other longhairs.)

About her leg length StefanZ StefanZ , I think she is crouching in the last picture... her leg length looks normal in the other pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

haleyschwartz34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ps the legs are short on this prettie but I still think shebis domestic, not munchkin.
Your pretty girl could be described as either tortoiseshell and white, or calico... I would say tortoiseshell and white, as generally we think of calico cats as having bigger patches of black and red.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and we describe them as domestic shorthair or longhair depending on coat type. My guess would be that your girl is genetically a longhair, so I would describe her as a domestic longhair. (You can also say "mediumhair," which refers to a longhaired cat that isn't as fluffy as other longhairs.)

About her leg length StefanZ StefanZ , I think she is crouching in the last picture... her leg length looks normal in the other pictures.
You're

Thank you! You’re very right about her crouching, also. That was the picture I saw of her before I adopted her. I thought she actually was a munchkin. It was just the photo and the way she was standing I guess.

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Local calico/tortie lover just popping in to say: look at that GORGEOUS and unique face!! :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes: