What Breed Does My New Kitten Look Like?

zeldacat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are adopting this sweet boy from a friend and would love to hear your thoughts on what breed he is! His name will be Linkin (partly because my husband is a huge Linkin Park fan and we want to honor Chester Bennington - and partly because our 2 year old cat's name is Zelda and as an homage to the video game we are going to call Linkin "Link" for short).

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What a cutie! I'm thinking blue tabby (I'm not sure of which pattern tabby- can you post another side view, with more light?) Domestic Mediumhair. His face is kind of reminiscent of a Maine Coon- so it's possible he has some Maine Coon influence (especially if he grows into a big boy!), but since we can't prove that short of a DNA test, he would be called a Domestic Mediumhair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zeldacat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a cutie! I'm thinking blue tabby (I'm not sure of which pattern tabby- can you post another side view, with more light?) Domestic Mediumhair. His face is kind of reminiscent of a Maine Coon- so it's possible he has some Maine Coon influence (especially if he grows into a big boy!), but since we can't prove that short of a DNA test, he would be called a Domestic Mediumhair.
This is the only photo I have of him right now! We are picking him up either tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday morning so I will share some more for sure! Thanks for your response!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think I see a bulls eye swirl on his side. If so, he is "classic tabby". On medium/ longhairs, the pattern is seldom so clearcut visible as on the shorthairs.

But we will see for sure in a couple of days, no?

Verry sweet little fellow!