What Breed Do My Cats Look Like?

Joelle4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello :),

We have these four cats, ranging in age and appearance, if anyone can help me figure out what breed they each look closest to, I would be so glad for the information, thank you in advance.

First is Violet, she's a nine year old tortoise shell with short hair but I cannot begin to guess what dominant breed she is from.
Then there's Ripley, a gray tabby I would guess, also short hair and she's about two years old. Following is Sherlock who is a 5 months old male with tabby patterns and the M on his forehead bur he seems different from them all with his longer hair and tail. The last one is Lacey, she's a 3 month old dilute calico who's breed I'm also uncertain of. Photos are in order of intro's.

Attachments

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J Joelle4 - Welcome to TCS. All four of your gorgeous kitties would be called "Domestics," since cats are described as "domestic" when their breed origin is unknown. A large proportion (upwards of 95%) of all cats are domestics, and purebred - or even clearly breed-influenced - cats are the exception rather than the rule.

Yours are all simply lovely, but Violet is really an Heart-melter, isn't she? What a delightful girl she is.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
J Joelle4 - Welcome to TCS. All four of your gorgeous kitties would be called "Domestics," since cats are described as "domestic" when their breed origin is unknown. A large proportion (upwards of 95%) of all cats are domestics, and purebred - or even clearly breed-influenced - cats are the exception rather than the rule.

Yours are all simply lovely, but Violet is really an Heart-melter, isn't she? What a delightful girl she is.
All of them are lovely!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine have you zoomed last picture, Lacey? That kind of head/face shape is not common here in Spain, so maybe here she would be suspected to have some breed influence.