1. Hello Guest, would you like to share with us your favorite vet experience for a chance to win a $50 gift card? Visit our thread here for your chance to win!

What Breed Do My Cats Look Like?

Discussion in 'Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?' started by Joelle4, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Joelle4

Joelle4 TCS Member Kitten

Aug 11, 2017
    Hello :),

We have these four cats, ranging in age and appearance, if anyone can help me figure out what breed they each look closest to, I would be so glad for the information, thank you in advance.

First is Violet, she's a nine year old tortoise shell with short hair but I cannot begin to guess what dominant breed she is from.
    Then there's Ripley, a gray tabby I would guess, also short hair and she's about two years old. Following is Sherlock who is a 5 months old male with tabby patterns and the M on his forehead bur he seems different from them all with his longer hair and tail. The last one is Lacey, she's a 3 month old dilute calico who's breed I'm also uncertain of. Photos are in order of intro's.

Attached Files:

2. 1CatOverTheLine

1CatOverTheLine TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 6, 2017
    Olcott Beach, N.Y.
    @Joelle4 - Welcome to TCS. All four of your gorgeous kitties would be called "Domestics," since cats are described as "domestic" when their breed origin is unknown. A large proportion (upwards of 95%) of all cats are domestics, and purebred - or even clearly breed-influenced - cats are the exception rather than the rule.

Yours are all simply lovely, but Violet is really an Heart-melter, isn't she? What a delightful girl she is.

Alejandra Rico purraised this.
  3. Alejandra Rico

Alejandra Rico TCS Member Alpha Cat

Mar 27, 2017
    Asturias, Spain
    All of them are lovely!
    @1CatOverTheLine have you zoomed last picture, Lacey? That kind of head/face shape is not common here in Spain, so maybe here she would be suspected to have some breed influence.

1CatOverTheLine purraised this.
  4. 1CatOverTheLine

1CatOverTheLine TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 6, 2017
    Olcott Beach, N.Y.
    Her head is slightly more triangular. @abyeb - @stefanz - any thoughts?

Alejandra Rico purraised this.
  5. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Top Cat

Feb 18, 2017
    I don't know- she doesn't really have that wedge-shaped Oriental head, but is reminiscent of the Turkish Angola. This isn't very likely influence, though, it's such a rare breed!

Alejandra Rico and 1CatOverTheLine purraised this.