TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_2170.JPG
IMG_2342.JPG
IMG_3725.JPG
IMG_4167.JPG
IMG_4180.JPG
Hi, all! I've had my 2 fur babies for 2 years now and have always been curious as to whether they are domestic shorthairs or Russian Blues. They seem to act as Russians but I have no idea. Any help you can give is appreciated. Thanks!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
They’re beautiful cats! I’d describe them as blue Domestic Shorthairs. Russian Blues have a leaner body, longer face, and lighter fur. A Korat might be a better comparison. You could also call them Maltese cats; that’s another name for a blue cat of indeterminate breed.

If you’re really curious to find out what breeds might be in their ancestry, you can get them DNA tested. In fact, Basepaws is offering a DNA test kit giveaway for TCS members! Check it out: Discover Your Cat's Genetic Makeup With Basepaws

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: abyeb abyeb gave you some great advice which I hope helps answer your question about the breed of your two lovely cats. :bluecat:

Glad you joined the forum. There are many excellent Articles and resources on the site with valuable information. Please feel free to check them out. I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Beautiful cats. I myself think they are decent look alikes with Russian blue. Some are rarher darkish esp in Scandinavia.

Otherwise I agree with my collegues above.