What breed an I

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is apparently a point of sorts. But not the typical siamese-type point.
Is he a burmese point?
But the blue eyes are typical for the siamese-type point. The burmese point dont carry the blue eyes.

So, the most probable is, he is a combo of burmese and siamese points. Giving a kitten whom is white when newborn, but whom darkens up very quickly already as a kitten. And whom sometimes (not always) have blue eyes.

The next best guess he is a burmese point after all, but happens to have blue eyes anyways.

If its important for you to know, there are genetic tests, not even very costly. The best is done by UC Davis laboratory.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lovely cat! :redheartpump: Is Cloud your cat's name?

I would describe your cat as a blue point domestic shorthair. The recessive colorpoint gene originally came from the Siamese breed about 70 years ago, but at this time the gene is widespread in the domestic cat population, and doesn't indicate recent Siamese ancestry. Pointed cats can pop up in litters from almost any color of parents. He really is a beautiful cat!

His color looks like normal blue point to me. Adult blue point cats often have shading over the back like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

**Cloud**

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thats for everyone's opinion on cloud's breed. Cloud is a female 😺

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Cloud is beautiful and looks like she has blue point Siamese in her ancestry. She is not a purebred but that is what makes her so unique looking.