What are you reading? The Sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is probably old news- but I had no idea that Susan Whitting Albert was ending her Beatrix Potter series :(

I got the newest one, The Tale of Castle Cottage from the library last week.  And- ok I skipped ahead.  The end of the book sounded like THE end- so I went to Amazon (where I can get book reviews) and sure enough most of the reviews said that the series was over. 

At least she isn't stopping any of her other series.  Those books are cute as well.

Cheryl

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been reading James Patterson lately, started the Alex Cross series and am missing a book, so while I wait for the library to get it for me, I started the Women's Murder Club series. I'm really enjoying them, more than I thought I would, honestly :lol3:

I'm waiting until school is over to tackle the Game of Thrones series, I'm afraid I'll get to into it and not be able to put it down

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Now reading Explosive 18.  Kind of frustrated with life in general right now- so I wanted something silly and light.  Not to mention it's due March 3, and I can't renew it since there's holds on it. 

Glad I got it from the library.  I'm 50 or so pages in and not impressed.  SIGH.  I think the series needs to end.  Amazon was saying that if Stephanie makes a choice- then the series will end.  Many more books like this and people are going to demand Stephanie to GROW UP. 

I really hope the movie was better.  Dh was willing to take me to see it, at this point I may decide to wait and see it on Redbox for $1.Though I'm kind of dissapointed with that b/c Betty White isn't Grandma, and she would just be too funny in that role.

Cheryl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Now reading Explosive 18.  Kind of frustrated with life in general right now- so I wanted something silly and light.  Not to mention it's due March 3, and I can't renew it since there's holds on it. 

Glad I got it from the library.  I'm 50 or so pages in and not impressed.  SIGH.  I think the series needs to end.  Amazon was saying that if Stephanie makes a choice- then the series will end.  Many more books like this and people are going to demand Stephanie to GROW UP. 

I really hope the movie was better.  Dh was willing to take me to see it, at this point I may decide to wait and see it on Redbox for $1.Though I'm kind of dissapointed with that b/c Betty White isn't Grandma, and she would just be too funny in that role.

Cheryl
You know who would REALLY make a great Grandma? The woman who played Grandma Yetta on The Nanny. Ann Morgan Guilbert would have been an outstanding Grandma. She's probably too old now, but she would have been perfect.

Several of my GFs and I are going out to dinner, followed by the movie, One for the Money, and then a trip to Dunkin Donuts afterward. We're not putting a lot of faith in the movie.....the producers or powers-that-be certainly didn't seem to put a lot of effort into finding the right people for any of the characters at all (I mean, Katharine Heigl as Stephanie???? REALLY???? Debbie Reynolds as Grandma Mazur???? For cryin' out loud) . And the reviews aren't great, to say the least. But we're going, simply because we're Plum fans.

But I agree with you in that, enough is enough with the series. It's gotten old and it's gotten boring. I haven't been impressed with the last two or three books. Pretty much the same plot and the "Who's she gonna be with during this one?" I'm not buying them anymore....will get them from the library.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm reading:

Miracle Cure - Harlan Coben

Abandoned - Cody McFadyen

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
<<You know who would REALLY make a great Grandma? The woman who played Grandma Yetta on The Nanny. Ann Morgan Guilbert would have been an outstanding Grandma. She's probably too old now, but she would have been perfect>>

Oh man- I didn't even think about that.  Now THAT would be funny LOL.  But you're right- she's probably too old. 

Cheryl

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm a closet fantasy reader and have only just discovered Robin Hobb's latest trilogy "Rain Wild Chronicles", so I'm into it!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Right now I'm on a history kick again and am about 60% through The Tudors: The Complete Story of England's Most Notorious Dynasty by G.J. Meyer. It's really good, with lots of background info on the structure of the medieval church, the various popes Henry VIII dealt with, the Reformation in Germany, Switzerland and England, education, nutrition, the Privy Council, the development of printing, etc.. That makes it sound "dry", but it isn't at all.

It doesn't concentrate on the six wives of Henry VIII, but more his development into a tyrant responsible for an incredible number of judicial murders and how his children followed in his footsteps.

Last edited:

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My main book I read is, seriously the Bible. I love it and can't get enough of diving into it deep.

That being said, I have other favorite authors as well.

Tony Campolo & Andrew Wommack spring to mind.

Also like Robin Cook. Stephen King is OK, if you can overlook the language

I also read Newsweek, Time, and CatFancy on a regular basis, as I have a subscription to all three.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Currently reading The Falls by Joyce Carol Oates. It's a little hard to get into, but is interesting enough to keep me reading.

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just finished the hunger games trilogy. EXCELLENT books!! Now back to my JD Robb "In Death" series. I'm up to, I think #32. 

If anyone has a nook and wants to borrow Mockingjay, I have it, I also have Sylvia Nobel "Seeds of vengeance", "Deadly Sanctuary", "Darl Moon Crossing", Devils cradle", I've got "Water for elephants", And Drew Brees "Coming Back Stronger"  to lend. 

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just starting to read 50 shades of gray by E. L. James. I'm also in the middle of the third book in the Hunger Games series, and about 2/3 into "A Time to kill" by John Grisham (the latter I do not recommend, pretty boring but decided to give it a try since it was recommended to me)

I'll eventually go back to both of them, just need to change it up a bit before I do.

Last edited:

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished the hunger games trilogy. EXCELLENT books!! Now back to my JD Robb "In Death" series. I'm up to, I think #32. 

If anyone has a nook and wants to borrow Mockingjay, I have it, I also have Sylvia Nobel "Seeds of vengeance", "Deadly Sanctuary", "Darl Moon Crossing", Devils cradle", I've got "Water for elephants", And Drew Brees "Coming Back Stronger"  to lend. 
Can I borrow Mockingjay
, I lost my debit card and cant buy it until the new card comes in the mail. I finished the second one a few days ago and have been dying to read the last one.

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can I borrow Mockingjay
, I lost my debit card and cant buy it until the new card comes in the mail. I finished the second one a few days ago and have been dying to read the last one.
Yes! As soon as my son get done-he should be finished really soon! He can't put it down! PM me your email address and I can friend you on Nook friends

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am currently reading "Confessions of a Male Nurse" by Richard S. Ferri.  It is irreverently hysterical.  I have a wide range of reading interests.  I like just about anything from the Harvard Classics (I have the five foot wall ;) to modern day trashy books.  I love autobiographies, mysteries, true crime and fiction.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have on my Nook:

A Discovery of Witches (a very good book) - Deborah Harkness

77 Shadow Street - Dean Koonz

The Outlaws - W.E.B. Griffin 

Cinnamon Roll Murder - Joanne Fluke (yes, I'm a sucker for a culinary mystery)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've just finished another biography: Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch by Sally Bedell Smith. It was a bit too reverential for my taste, but nevertheless interesting.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cinnamon Roll Murder - Joanne Fluke (yes, I'm a sucker for a culinary mystery)
Love her books. I'm reading Devils Food Cake Murder right now. After that, I am going to read the Hunger Games trilogy and then I will read Cinnamon Roll Murder. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Love her books. I'm reading Devils Food Cake Murder right now. After that, I am going to read the Hunger Games trilogy and then I will read Cinnamon Roll Murder. 
I like her books, too. Have you ever read any of the Goldie books by Diane Mott Davidson? They're quite good (another culinary series). Goldie is a caterer who seems to find dead bodies wherever she goes. The recipes are very good; I've tried a few of them.

Reading now:

The Lake of Dreams - Kim Edwards

Tilting at Windmills - Joseph Pittman

To Walk the Night - E.S. Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.