What are you craving??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man, Terry, my grandmother used to have a candy jar of those spearmint leaves on her desk. She also had a jar of pink wintergreen candies (anybody remember those?). That link brought back some memories. That's a neat place and I see some candy I could definitely order.

Guys, I just love shoo fly cake! 
 I have a recipe somewhere around here; let me check (am at work).

I'm hungry for a piled-high pulled pork sandwich with Espresso Sauce. (We are going to do pulled pork for our Memorial Day picnic, I think, so I don't have to wait real long for it.)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really want more shrimp with cocktail sauce. I am trying to ignore that craving because last time I ate a whole shrimp ring in 2 days. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I might treat myself to dessert tonight. Maybe pumpkin pie. I'm worried I will be the only one that likes it though. That would not be good ;)

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh man, Terry, my grandmother used to have a candy jar of those spearmint leaves on her desk. She also had a jar of pink wintergreen candies (anybody remember those?). That link brought back some memories. That's a neat place and I see some candy I could definitely order.
And if you Google 'bulk candy' that site is one of dozens out there. Yes, I love the pink wintergreen candies. Solid, but they melt in your mouth. 

www.candyfavorites.com/lozenges-pink-wintergreen

Would 5 pounds be enough?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You know, I have a recipe for a cake made from those pink wintergreen candies. You soak the candies in milk, then use the milk-candy mixture in the cake batter. The recipe belonged to one of my aunts, but I've never made it. I have no idea how it would taste....it doesn't seem particularly appealing to me. I do love those candies though. Five pounds would rock it.

I like the "old-fashioned" candies, more so than a lot of what we have to choose from today. I like the older soft drinks, too. When Rick and I were in Ohio the other weekend, we brought home a couple bottles of Kickapoo Joy Juice. The amount of soft drinks the store had was amazing; we stood there for quite a while, looking through the selections.

The store also had Hires Root Beer extract (my MIL used to make root beer all the time when we were younger). I was so tempted to bring a couple packages home, but I couldn't remember if I needed to actually bottle the drink after I made it. Turns out, you can bottle it if you want to, but it's not necessary. She didn't. Next time we go out, I'm going to bring some home. You can't find anything like that around here anymore. We've looked.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the "old-fashioned" candies, more so than a lot of what we have to choose from today. I like the older soft drinks, too. When Rick and I were in Ohio the other weekend, we brought home a couple bottles of Kickapoo Joy Juice. The amount of soft drinks the store had was amazing; we stood there for quite a while, looking through the selections.

The store also had Hires Root Beer extract (my MIL used to make root beer all the time when we were younger). I was so tempted to bring a couple packages home, but I couldn't remember if I needed to actually bottle the drink after I made it. Turns out, you can bottle it if you want to, but it's not necessary. She didn't. Next time we go out, I'm going to bring some home. You can't find anything like that around here anymore. We've looked.
SO - you have me craving old fashioned candies. Any and all. And, HOW COOL - you got a couple of bottles of Kickapoo Joy Juice. :D :lol3: :D OH you happy "kids", must have had so much fun in that store. I also love, love the old fashioned root beer barrel hard candies. We have a candy store up in Northern Illinois that we will visit when we get up that way. Stock up on all of the oldies. :yummy:

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooh, I love root beer flavoured things! I miss root beer. I think that and Dr. Pepper are the pops/sodas I miss ever since I stopped drinking it. Actually, cream and orange soda are delicious too.

What I really crave right now is ice cream though. I finally found some full fat coconut milk at an Asian grocery store so maybe I'll try my hand at a vegan ice cream tonight if I'm desperate.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to buy Kickapoo Joy Juice when I was at Dogpatch, USA.  That was in Jasper, Arkansas. It has long since closed down.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Kickapoo-o-o-o-o-o! 
 It was good! We're going back out when we get a chance for a long weekend again. We'll have to stock up a bit. They had some older candies, but I didn't indulge. I will next time. I'm going to be placing an order to candyfavorites, too. Wintergreen candies, for one thing. 

Still waiting for my pulled pork sandwich....we're having our Memorial Day picnic this Sunday, so I don't have long to wait. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Guacamole!!! I'm just waiting for those avocados to ripen a bit. ;)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Something ooey, gooey and cheesy.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poutine, a big mac and pizza. I want everything unhealthy and salty but I am trying to stay away from salt to keep my blood pressure down.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I satisfied my craving for pizza about an hour ago. Now for some Blue Bell.  My doctor is going to kill me Monday. Oh well, at least I will go happy.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hmmm. Yes, ice cream does sound good.... Or maybe carrot cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.