What are ten things we do not know about you?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. I'm petrified of mice even though I own Sally & Jaffa ( 2 rats )

2. I have a Mickey Mouse, mouse pad

3. I have curly curly curly blonde hair with black roots even though blonde is my natural hair color.

4.My Nickname is Nigel off Mr. Bean b'cause his names nigel and I apparently looked like him when I was a baby!

5. I'm totally afraid of ducks, swans , geese

6. My father left me the night after he slept with my Mum, now he lives in Scotland.

7. I live in one of the poshest parts of wellington.

8. I live for singing, I have been in choirs and I'm extremely proud of my voice, I think my singing is very good!

9.BARE Feet, If you ever come to NZ and see a lil girl like the one in my signature with bare feet it's probably me!

10. Im in the top class for my year level ( year nine ) at college and I'm proud of it

I hope you learnt a bit about me
, Sam

toprecious2b14

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im a blonde too.. my "natural" color before when I was like 5 ws dishwter blonde.. now Im full platinum LOL.. No just regular blonde now LOL

I have wavy hair.. not curly anymore I used t have curly when I was like 5-6..

Aww you have a mickey mouse mouse pad!
Cute... I have a leopard one LOL

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Thanks!

MIckey Mouse Rocks, Nah ..LOL It was on special for like $1.. and it's pretty crappy, but any way and on it it says Mouse Mat? ..LOL

Curly hair rocks, I had boring ( for me anyway) straight hair when I was 1-10 and now I'm super curly!

Smiles, Sam

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. I am faithfully devoted to Sunless Tanners

2. I am terrified of spiders, hornets, wasps, and water past my chest. And roller coasters.

3. I went to catholic school most of my life

4. I love my mom more than anything in the world, and my dad.. then my cat is next

5. I love God more than anything in the universe and even tho my life seems crappy I kno that there's a plan..

6. I love athletic/yoga pants (so comfy!)

7. My grandfather bought my family a commodore 64/128 computer around 1983/84, it came with a 2.4k modem (i think) and it sucked, but that's when I first started messing w/comps..

8. I drive a 2002 Ruby Red Dodge Stratus SE Coupe that I try to wax every week because I am obsessed with it

9. My favorite TV personality is Meredith Viera from the View, followed by Kelly Rippa

10. I love Dairy Queens Peanut Butter Cup Blizzards with Chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla.. My favorite food is a toss up between cottage cheese, garlic toast, and grilled chiken salads..

maddie&tybalt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1. I'm addicted to Burger King Woppers!

2. I, too am totally terrified of bee's, wasps, and hornets (basically anything that stings, but ironically I've never been stung)

3. I would like to get a dog someday, but when we have a house with a fenced in yard, next year!?!

4. I hope to be Teacher of the Year sometime in my career

5. People actually think that I'm a nutbag when it comes to animals. Some people will never understand

6. I LOVE live music and going to concerts!

7. However, I'm a horrible dancer (think of Elaine on Seinfeld)

8. I am a "Friends" fanatic and I have to watch at least one friends episode a day! (too pathetic!)

9. I love Ralph on the Simsons: ("I'm special, but my teacher says, '"I'll get used to it'")

10. My mom is my best friend!

Heather

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've posted some things in the past, but since this has come up again, I thought I'd add some more...

1. I have been wearing glasses since I was 8 years old. Now, at 32, I have to wear bifocals.

2. I am double jointed. I can bend my knees and elbows backwards-a doctor that I once worked with thought I had a connective tissue disorder.

3. I went to school with the actor Edward Norton.

4. I can say the alphabet in 4 languages-English, French, Greek and American Sign Language.

5. I swam competitively when I was a child, and was ranked one of the best swimmers in Maryland.

6. Last year, I was on a genealogy website for our family and found a cousin my father didn't know he had.

7. I am fascinated with the Civil War, especially the battle at Gettysburg.

8. I believe in ghosts.

9. I am allergic to ginger.

10. I still have my childhood teddybear, Teddy, in my bedroom.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by WellingtonCats
4. I can say the alphabet in 4 languages-English, French, Greek and American Sign Language.

Wow! Christy Now THAT'S Impressive.

Way To Go!
Actually, it's kinda useless, considering I can only carry a conversation in English! As for the Greek alphabet, well pledging a sorority had one good outcome, I guess.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok 10 things about me....hmm...I'll warn u I'm kinda wierd LOL

1. I can sing...I have since 4th grade(im class of 2002) in choirs(school and church) I can sing high soprano and alto. I'm trying to do something with my voice right now (band???). Oh and I was 1st chair Clarinet in 7th grade band..but I moved and my parents wouldnt let me back in band

2.I'm kinda obsessed with purple. My bedspread is a purple and black leopard print(I love cats),My walls and even my 89 Chevy S-10 is painted a dark purple
:

3.I draw and write poems. Won awards in art class and my english in school was usually 95 and above. I can also do Calligraphy. I am working on 2 novels right now.

4. I LOOOOOOVEEEEE Medieval stuff....I have 2 dresses and my is hair long. I'm wanting to find a reenactment group to join so I'll have an excuse to wear my dresses
I am also against tanning because of the health hazards and am proud to say I am gothicaly pale

5.I love antiques...I want a house full of them. I already have antique bottles, desk chair, and vanity. I just cant afford more right now.

6.I love CHEVY CAMARO!!!! I want a 69 that I can restore myself and a 98 to drive for fun. I also like older cars like Nova, Chevelle, Wildcat,etc.

My fiancee and I have been together 2 years and after he gets back from his school in FL, we are getting married

8.Favorite artists off the top of my head are: Salvador Dali,Amy Brown,Christian Reese Lassen, Botticelli,etc.

9.10.I live with my Grandma, aunt and uncle(2 of grandma's 4 kids). My parents weren't very good to me...and this is the second time I've lived here. I'm moving out soon to finally be on my own

Hope I dont now seem totally nuts
I also wasnt trying to be concieted about anything...this was all I could think of that is interesting about me that not everyone knows.

harrythecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Everybody sounds pretty darn interesting around here! It seems that cat lovers are creative and intelligent.
Christy: I think its great that you know American Sign Language -- I have always wanted to learn it and plan to take a course when I finish school (only 2 more weeks to go ...)!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. I have two younger brothers and no sisters, and I'm the oldest kid.
2. My grandparents (mom's parents) "have money"...but we don't see any of the money

3. I have two big doggies
4. I prefer male cats over female cats.
5. I'm pagan, learning wicca
6 I LOVEEEE to sleep!
7 I was trying to get pregant but have given up.
8 My hubby and I bought our home when I was 21 and he was 22. We got married when I was 22 and he was 23.
9 I'm scared of the dark and of bugs...also birds!
10 I really don't like to clean!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh This is fun! I love this thread!

1. I'm 4'10 1/2"
2. I used to sing in bands
3. I spent some time in an orphange when young
4. I collect porcelain dolls
5. I have 2 grandsons
6. I've played guitar, flute and accordian
7. I can speak 3 languages: English, Arabic & German (not necessarily fluent!)
8. My maternal grandmother's family goes back to the Brittish Royal family
9. My sister has her own small horse ranch.
10. When I was 18-20 I partied with Robby Randall (founder and former member of the Sawyer Brown country band). I was good friends with his girlfriend and back then he played in the bar I worked in. It was no big deal... we had no idea he'd become big within a few years!

Peaches' mommy

G

ghostuser

1. I only have 2 fears: spiders-with all that hair+those eyes---and swimming w/animals over my head--I almost died from coming up to fast once.

2.I went to college my last 2 yrs of high school, left-made a million dollars and now I've been back for awhile.

3.I'm not found of school but like it better than working.Thats why I'll probably go forever or until I'm broke.

4.I was ALMOST married once, the morning before we called it off--I did have pretty flowers for like a month.

5.I started wearing a bra at 11 or 12, and it was a size B cup, now it's worst--------

6.I can only sleep with my special down pillow on my head, makes sleeping out--staying up all night.

7.My toes HAVE to be painted, or they look like odd worms--eekkkkkkhhh

8.I don't like the phone--in any form cell or house- it annoys me to the point of killing myself.

9.I'm over dramatic-------------------a little.

10.The T.P. has to be sheet down or I freak out, I mean who wants dust on their bummmmmm

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can say the alphabet in 4 languages-English, French, Greek and American Sign Language.
Christy - then you will have no problem communicating with me if you know the alphabet in ASL

Everybody sounds pretty darn interesting around here! It seems that cat lovers are creative and intelligent. Christy: I think its great that you know American Sign Language -- I have always wanted to learn it and plan to take a course when I finish school (only 2 more weeks to go ...)!
THats great that you are interested in learning ASL Angela - I am profoundly deaf and its always nice to meet people who can sign. I am fluent in both ASL and NZSL.
Sometimes I forget and revert back to NZSL while signing to americans and they get confused.

This is really interesting.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Kiwideus
Christy - then you will have no problem communicating with me if you know the alphabet in ASL
That would be cool! But the alphabet is the only thing I know, except for the sign for bread (my college roommate taught herself the Lord's Prayer in sign language) and "You crazy devil".

My mother taught at the Maryland School for the Deaf for several years. She wasn't deaf herself, but she became very good friends with her sign teacher, who was. It was kind of hard not to pick it up.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am profoundly deaf

That's so sad Kellye
, I'm glad you are still able to hear all the voices of TCS'ers

If it's not a rude question. How does your little boy cope with a deaf Mummy?

Sam.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sam, dont be sad - I live life to the fullest as much as I can - I can do anything except hear - thats the motto of a lot of deaf people.

My little lad is great, he can sign and talk and my family is great with support. My hubby is deaf and I know a lot of deaf people who have children and they cope really well, its amazing, some even become interpreters etc.
Deaf people have a culture of their own, really, and its quite fascinating. I have this great little book and one day I will have to post in here some aspects of it - a friend is borrowing it, but when I get it back, I will post, so you guys can get a heads up.