What Are Some Strange/funny Things Your Cat Does?

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Reese thinks that she MUST sniff freshly opened soda bottles. She doesn't want a taste. She wants to smell them. She could be in a dead sleep somewhere else, but if you crack open a bottle, she's there in a flash tugging it away from you to huff it. When she's satisfied, she'll go back to her nap or whatever she was doing.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There isn't much that Feeby does that ISN'T funny or strange...but, I will just list a few.

Carries around ribbons while making a gargling noise. She has a different noise for a lot of stuff, but if I hear that gargle-throat noise, I know I will find her dragging a ribbon in her mouth while walking around the house.

Has to sniff coffee (kind of like TobiDaDog TobiDaDog - but, with coffee only). She sees a coffee cup in someone's hand and she just HAS TO HAVE the opportunity to take in a nice big whiff.

Used to hide Mr. Mouse underneath a piece of furniture, and if you moved the furniture, she would bitch at you and then go pick up Mr. Mouse and stick him underneath another piece of furniture. You could keep her doing this multiple times if you were interested in continually moving furniture about for the sake of watching her. (Now, that she's older, she has pretty much left this goofy behavior behind.)

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Duncan will carry one of his toys around the house and cry like a baby with it in his mouth. Luckily, he usually only does this very late at night.

Duncan also snores - a high pitched whistling little snore.

Barry used to lay at the foot of the bed, stretch and slide off like a kid in a playground

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Duncan will carry one of his toys around the house and cry like a baby with it in his mouth.
You are not alone, but it's usually when Tommy is left alone in the living room downstairs for too long and he'll pick out a toy and bring it up to my room. If the door is closed, you're going to listen to him pace the upstairs hallway like that for a while.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Duncan will carry one of his toys around the house and cry like a baby with it in his mouth. Luckily, he usually only does this very late at night.

Duncan also snores - a high pitched whistling little snore.

Barry used to lay at the foot of the bed, stretch and slide off like a kid in a playground
There is a toy or two that I have to keep stashed away when we’re done playing or Krista will walk around the house with it in her mouth crying for more play. Of course when we do play, she bites on and doesn’t let go so our play sessions with that are fairly short. But oh she jumps like a kitten for it. The first time anyway.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
11:29 PM: Oh I’m still so stuffed. I couldn’t possibly eat again. Ever. Don’t touch me!
11:30 PM: Where is my meal? I’m so hungry. How could you let my stomach get so empty? I’m going to climb all over you until you feed me!

It’s like you can see the exact moment her stomach empties and she resets for more food.

She gets two breakfasts and two dinners. I’m using second dinner as an example because I usually crawl back to bed after first breakfast and wait for her to wake me up again. She’s my furry egg timer. I get about four hours before she goes off again.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have posted this before but Willow hisses when she plays by herself, sometimes when she yawns, sometimes when she is excited to see me and sometimes she just opens her mouth and one comes out. I’ve seen cats hiss during play but not all the other instances.

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cheese licks my bathroom rugs.

No other rugs. Just the ones in the bathroom. The one in front of the toilet in particular. She gets really into it too.....scratches at em with the sandpaper tongue, and sometimes the rug sticks to said tongue and she lifts it up and moves it.

I can shoo her away, or physically pick her up and move her, and she runs right back to it.

Weirdo.

Pixelated Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pixie makes a noise during meal times when he is having his favorite food. It's sort of a mumbling between "mmmm" and "mmmmaaaauuuu"

He also loves to watch tv and will use his paws to turn on our XBox One so I will turn something on for him. He really likes English shows such as Downton Abbey, The Crown, Call the Midwife, and a couple of other shows I watch that has people with British accents. Lately he also enjoys watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. He does try to use the remote control too, but hasn't hit the power button yet to turn on the TV.

One of his favorite possessions is an oven mitt he claimed as his own when we first took him in. I was doing multiple things at one time and left the mitt on the couch. When I came back for it, he was using it as a pillow. Hubby and I tried to get it back and Pixie would put his paws on it and look at us. He still uses it to this day.

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lily watches TV a lot. Her favorites are animal shows, especially those featuring birds or the big cats.

Cheese LOVES shows with lions, especially when they roar. Domestic cat shows (like vet shows or My Cat From Hell) have never interested her. Birds chirping might get her to look up from a nap for a second, but roaring lions get her full attention.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ My buddy 'Tuxedo' likes to take a nip of the alcohol gel hand sanitizer . He also fancies himself as a hair stylist and likes to groom the front of my hair . :bigeyes:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee loves to play fetch, chase his tail and "guard" us when we're getting ready for bed - we think he's a dog in a cat's body :biggrin:
Toffee also loves watching anime and the cursor on my computer/laptop.

Fudge has learnt how to turn handles and open doors with keys with his paws.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yoshi likes to play chase with me up and down the hall. At some point he'll stop and do a little bounce. I'll make a "phaser" sound at him. He falls on his side, closes his eyes, and stays completely still until I turn my back. Then the game continues until I'm tired. He's 12 now so he is ready to stop when I am. When he was under 8 he'd walk around making pitiful meows.