What are safest kitten collars

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Goal:
Identify safe multicolored kitten collars to then provide them to a local rescue to help more kittens find homes.

Background:
I have previously been very active in feline rescue.
I just lost My Valentine who I pulled as Trap Neuter Rehome the head male from a feral colony 13 years ago.
Twice while visiting the local rescue events, I have seen litters of "look alike" kittens.
I have explained that the addition of colored collars can increase adoptions, by having the same kitten identified when a prospective adopter returns with their spouse.
I know that at 8 weeks, the "Fosters" can usually tell "Who is who", yet this is to help others.

I understand hesitance in putting collars on very small kittens, yet even if for the adoption day event it can increase good adoptions.
In the past, I have even seen disposable one day paper collars used. I believe Vets use them for spay day to identify the kittens.

Examples:
A litter of 10 all black 8 week kittens or 4 mackerel tabby boys.
The gray collar identifies Smokey to the potential adopter, the blue one is on Krista.

Sharing your thoughts:

Can you let me know which collars have worked safely, had flexibility in small kitten size adjustments, variety of solid colors for your litters.
Do you have a source for collars you feel would work well for this purpose.

Thank You
Just an Old Bear missing his prior cats and wanting to help a rescue find good homes.

Last edited by a moderator:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In honor of our loved and missed so much Moderator, Tricia, I would say Beasty Bands. They are available on amazon and the usual chain pet stores. Tricia was very involved in rescue and liked them this particular collar very well for safety reasons. My cats don't wear collars, however, I am pretty sure Beasty Bands are break-away and can possibly be cut to fit. (Not 100% sure on that.) They also come in some really cute solid colors or wild patterns. It wouldn't hurt to check them out. I am sorry about Valentine and bless you for the kind work you do.