What are my odds of retrapping a feral cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babywantsbling

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good News! He is not totally feral after all. Last night in my attempt to calm him, I went to the store and bought the feliway. Also

added a space heater since I felt the garage was getting a bit drafty and I replaced the regular blanket covering his cage with an

electric blanket to hold the heat in. Anyway, I went to feed him and he was crying loudly as usual. I took a wand with a toy on the end

and tried to play with him. No interest. So to feed him, I tried to coax him back to the other cage with the end of the wand.

Well lo and behold he started rubbing his head on the end of the wand. I nearly fainted. He wanted to be pet. So I scratched his head

a bit with the wand and then he flipped upsided down as if he wanted his belly scratched. This was last night. So today, I tried it again

and he responded the same way. So I reached inside and scratched his head with my hand and he LOVED IT!

I would have never thought this cat was anything but totally wild. I have been feeding him for 7 months and he never let me approach him.

I now have figured out that is constant meowing is him talking to me. The more I talk to him, he responds with a meow.

I couldn't get near the 3 I have in the house like this. 2 of which I still can't touch. I feel so much better. I know I am going to have an

easier time with him now.

whaler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
that is great babywantsbling! it is funny how sometimes the ones that seem the wildest turn out to be anything but.

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How wonderful and it's great that he's doing well too - I bet that cat is on