Weirdly specific things you love or hate

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand to touch anything sticky. People chewing gum, the smell of leather or fish cooking. Smokers and the sound of a dripping tap.

I love smelling a puppies breath, the smell of a candle after it has been blown out and the sound of rain.

I can't think of anything else now but I am sure there are plenty more things that I like and don't like.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate things that are painted white - especially houses and cars. I don't know why, but it grosses me out.

christfawk

Keeps hobblin' along
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hate "left out" marinara/red pasta sauce. Like, the pot that you made food in sat overnight in the sink or a plate you used. The smell makes me gag. Fresh is fine, and delicious, but I make my husband soak pasta dishes if they're not going to be washed asap.

I love coffee specifically on the morning after it has snowed all night, so now its early morning and the air is still and cold, all surfaces have a coat of white on them. You have not gotten around to shoveling yet so the snow is still pure and crisp. That feeling gets into the house somehow.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate "left out" marinara/red pasta sauce. Like, the pot that you made food in sat overnight in the sink or a plate you used. The smell makes me gag. Fresh is fine, and delicious, but I make my husband soak pasta dishes if they're not going to be washed asap.
Oh, soaking pots with leftover food bits also make me sick. I need to wash my pots right away or they will also make me gag. Growing up there always seems to be something left soaking for hours or days. Horrible, smelly messes as was the sink under them and the stinky cloth in it.

christfawk

Keeps hobblin' along
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, soaking pots with leftover food bits also make me sick. I need to wash my pots right away or they will also make me gag. Growing up there always seems to be something left soaking for hours or days. Horrible, smelly messes as was the sink under them and the stinky cloth in it.
I totally get the too, I'm just SUPER desensitized to wet and gross because I bathe dogs for a living. Like if someone needs to clean the shower drain of hair I'm always the one. I can't let dishe's sit for days anymore though. The house I grew up in was kind of a hoarders house and let me just say the dishes would gross, like, things living in it gross. So I have like clean house PTSD 😆

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One weird(ish) thing I really like is doing a neti pot. For those who don't know, it's a yoga thing where you pour warm salt water up your nose to help clear your sinuses and make it easier to breath.

Sounds gross, I know, but it feels really good.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
although i love to eat oranges, i can't stand the smell that peeling them leaves on my fingers -- so much so, that i'll wear disposable gloves to peel them.

the smell of and fumes from slicing/chopping onions. :barfgreen: i wear dispoable gloves when chopping them, and also wear swim goggles (which prevents my eyes from watering and 'burning').

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I hate sudden unexpected loud noises like a screen door slamming. I don’t know how to describe it, but it’s almost painful. My mom was the same way.

Whenever I bake and the recipe calls for vanilla, I always pause for a moment, unscrew the lid, close my eyes, and slowly breathe in the scent. It’s very calming!