Weird Things Your Pets Love To Eat.

VaughnG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Herbie loves to slurp up spaghetti noodles with red sauce! And my other cat Nemo will literally steal an entire cob of corn off the kitchen counter and eat it! Another thing nearly all my cats (and dog) love is cheese.

Crazy8catlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Brown cat is an everything thief. pizza, cheetos, popcorn, PORK CHOPS FROM THE STOVE TOP!!! You name it he's swiped it... Brussel sprouts... yeah.

Then we have Piglet... she will steal your straws. Not eat them exactly but she chews them up and leaves them in the litter box.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brown cat is an everything thief. pizza, cheetos, popcorn, PORK CHOPS FROM THE STOVE TOP!!! You name it he's swiped it... Brussel sprouts... yeah.

Then we have Piglet... she will steal your straws. Not eat them exactly but she chews them up and leaves them in the litter box.
Our littlest once leapt into my lap and snatched a huge salad lettuce leaf off my plate and ran with it. When I cornered her, she had her little tiny baby cat milk fang teeth latched onto that like it was a fresh antelope. I only took it away because I did not want her to learn that leaping onto my lap or onto the table, swiping stuff, then running like a bat out of hell would be successful.
Weird cat. Weird human (me) for playing tug of war with a 4 pound kitten over a spit covered leaf of lettuce!

nese

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of our cats goes crazy for the bread especially if it is freshly baked. She likes to eat it while holding it with two front paws like a squirrel. If we leave bread anywhere she can reach, she steals some and eat. Whenever I eat she begs for me for bread. Of course she receives small piece occasionally.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lilith also likes cheddar cheese but won't beg for it. If I offer her a small piece she will eat it. Sophie isn't into people food unless it's meat. Steak is her favorite and she will whine until she gets some.

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Potatoes - Marx would take those over any piece of meat or treat in the world. Especially french fries and mashed potatoes. He goes crazy every time we have them for dinner :D

kalebkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I gave Kaleb some pieces of Ritz crackers. He loved them!

r-kins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dropped avocado on the floor and he was so obsessed he tried to eat it off my plate after that.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 12 year old Starbuck loves Portillo's Italian Beef. She can be asleep upstairs if my hubby walks in the house with it she comes flying down the stairs meowing until she gets some. She a few pieces and once in a while. My hubby brought home Italian Beef once from a new place near us and she did not even come down stairs. He brought a piece upstairs to her and offered it to her she ran away from him.

My rainbow bridge kitty Claude loved barbeque (sp?) potato chips. I realized this when I left a bag of chips on the desk one day and turned around to get a drink. He climbed into the bag of chips to eat them. He had to have a few pieces every time anyone else did. This is not a habit I would encourage now but years ago I did not know better. His brother did not share this habit.

Sonny and my rainbow bridge kitty Tegato (Claude's brother) love spaghetti sauce. I only let them have a couple licks for safety.

My rainbow bridge kitty Baby-T loved milk. I actually used to buy small containers of lactose free milk. When I would eat cereal she would meow at me until I let her have the bowl after I finished the cereal. I was a college student at the time and ate a lot of cereal. I did not know milk was not good for cat's until I mentioned it during casual conversation at a vet appointment. The vet told me to switch to giving her a little bit of Lactose free milk in her own bowl. She adjusted well to this. When I started eating cereal less her love for milk faded.

Apollo loves cheese. I give him a tiny piece when I make myself grilled cheese. He sits in the kitchen talking to me while I am cooking. I put his piece of cheese on a plate on the floor for him.

All 4 of my current cats love chicken. Once a week they get a small amount of chicken. Apollo has an allergy to chicken but does ok with it as a treat. His regular food does not contain any chicken. If I have noticed that if I limit the treat to once a weak he does not react to it. It also keeps him happy and he does not beg for chicken every time we eat it.

MajorTomCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lettuce, Brussels sprouts, green beans, chicken salad, spinach, and yogurt. When I make a salad I have to give them each their own leaf to shred and gnaw on. But if I drop some ham or chicken that’s going in my salad they sniff and walk away. ‍♀

Attachments

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, deli meat.
I rarely buy this, but I found a really REALLY delicious (and expensive, hence the rarity) deli roast beef that is just flavored and seasoned so deliciously I can't help but buy it. The nice lady at the deli case gave me a sample...so I buy some sometimes, and hide it so I can snack on it without anyone else knowing it's there and stealing my treasure.
(If you want to hide a tasty cold item from people, especially kids, hide it behind broccoli or something that looks like it's good for constipation. Canned prunes, maybe. No one, and certainly no kid EVER touches let alone checks behind these items.
Same goes for if you want to hide a frozen treat. Hide it under years old frozen vegetables at the bottom of the freezer. I recommend buying Reese's cups and freezing them for yourself, and no one else.
You're welcome.)
Anyway, I sneak this treat in occasionally. My youngest cat has a food radar that would make the SETI field look shameful, it's like she's nothing but a huge food-seeking satellite dish on legs. I gave her a sliver so small it was about 1/100th the size of my pinkie fingernail and now she's OBSESSED with any noise that sounds like a lunchmeat bag.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, deli meat.
I rarely buy this, but I found a really REALLY delicious (and expensive, hence the rarity) deli roast beef that is just flavored and seasoned so deliciously I can't help but buy it. The nice lady at the deli case gave me a sample...so I buy some sometimes, and hide it so I can snack on it without anyone else knowing it's there and stealing my treasure.
(If you want to hide a tasty cold item from people, especially kids, hide it behind broccoli or something that looks like it's good for constipation. Canned prunes, maybe. No one, and certainly no kid EVER touches let alone checks behind these items.
Same goes for if you want to hide a frozen treat. Hide it under years old frozen vegetables at the bottom of the freezer. I recommend buying Reese's cups and freezing them for yourself, and no one else.
You're welcome.)
Anyway, I sneak this treat in occasionally. My youngest cat has a food radar that would make the SETI field look shameful, it's like she's nothing but a huge food-seeking satellite dish on legs. I gave her a sliver so small it was about 1/100th the size of my pinkie fingernail and now she's OBSESSED with any noise that sounds like a lunchmeat bag.
I've done the hiding tasty food thing since I was a teenager. My parents only bought the healthy tasteless cereals. When I got my first job at 14, I decided I was going to buy the cereals that I wanted. My brothers soon saw that and between them would inhale an entire large box in one sitting. They "never noticed" my name in black Sharpie written ALL over the box in HUGE letters. So I took an empty box of something no one liked (Skinner's raisin bran :headshake:), took the bag of cereal I wanted from its box and did the old box switch-a roo. I showed them. :eviltongue:

Lilith and Sophie (Lily especially) love Boar's Head low sodium chicken and turkey breast. Lily also knows the sound of the bag from the deli being opened. She jumps up on the kitchen table and I get yelled at until she gets some. Sophie will come investigate when she hears Lily yelling at me because something good must be headed for their dishes. I cannot get any deli meat or cheese for myself unless I get them some turkey or chicken because if I open up that bag and it's NOT for them, the hollering doesn't stop. :angrywoman:

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lilith and Sophie (Lily especially) love Boar's Head low sodium chicken and turkey breast.
My kitty really likes the low-sodium turkey breast at Trader Joe's. I rarely buy it. I took a look at the ingredients and thought I'd get her low-sodium turkey breast from Boar's Head. She wouldn't touch it. =/

And :flail:about the cereals.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done the hiding tasty food thing since I was a teenager. My parents only bought the healthy tasteless cereals. When I got my first job at 14, I decided I was going to buy the cereals that I wanted. My brothers soon saw that and between them would inhale an entire large box in one sitting. They "never noticed" my name in black Sharpie written ALL over the box in HUGE letters. So I took an empty box of something no one liked (Skinner's raisin bran :headshake:), took the bag of cereal I wanted from its box and did the old box switch-a roo. I showed them. :eviltongue:

Lilith and Sophie (Lily especially) love Boar's Head low sodium chicken and turkey breast. Lily also knows the sound of the bag from the deli being opened. She jumps up on the kitchen table and I get yelled at until she gets some. Sophie will come investigate when she hears Lily yelling at me because something good must be headed for their dishes. I cannot get any deli meat or cheese for myself unless I get them some turkey or chicken because if I open up that bag and it's NOT for them, the hollering doesn't stop. :angrywoman:
The box switch-a-roo is genius!!!!
I too had a job at that age and the goal was to bust it down to the nearest store, buy things like candy and cookies and I'd hide them in my room. I ALWAYS had a bag of M&M's on me. I'm actually kind of amazed I'm not diabetic from those years!
Isn't it amazing that the cat that can't hear you 3 inches away saying "MOVE. YOU HAVE TO MOVE. I need to sweep this rug/wash this blanket/vacuum this chair" etc. can hear a tiny ziplock bag opening from 75 miles away?