Weird stages of life

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember when you were moving into the next level of childhood to pre-teen and teen? How choices became difficult and clothes were the big issue? Well I am at another one of those kinds of stages
Problem: Buying clothes now is difficult
A. If I buy in juniors section I look like I am trying to be a teenager.
B. If I buy in the women's section I feel like the clothes make me look like my Grandmother(No offense Granny
)

So what now? I have been putting together a few versital pieces that can be mixed and matched with out thinking but now I want some kind of edgey stuff. Anyone have suggestions? I want to look sharp and yes sexy in a sutle way.
Okay let's hear opinions. Oh and I am 43 if that makes a difference

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the clothes at Mexx. I tink they're fashionable and more interesting than other chain stores. If I could afford it I'd be looking at boutique stores, sigh, they always have some edgy stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hadley's mom

it will be easier for me to help you if i know where you live im the shopping queen i know everything!!!
Cool I live in South Georgia, Thomasville to be exact. That is 35 miles from Tallahassee Florida so I have a lot of places I can shop

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hadley's mom

ok here we go places to try i would say are oh wait one more thing whats your budget?
Pretty versital, Not outrageously expensive but monies spent for good quality isn't an issue.

hadley's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok let start again places to try if you have a fashion bug they have cute stuff also mandees, hot topic, t.j.maxx, marshals, jc penny, strawbridges, im not really sure whats near you so im just listing places wet seal, have to go for now but ill post some links a lil later my personal trainer is here

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im actually having that problem...
THe stores i used to shop i stil go in there to have a look but its all too teeny, and the womens section at C&A has all granny stuff, but if you go the other section of c&a they have things for younger people..

In febuary last year i bought a leather jacket, it didnt suit me at all because i looked so young in it but i think now it makes me look alright..

Gosh being a woman is hard

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Im actually having that problem...
THe stores i used to shop i stil go in there to have a look but its all too teeny, and the womens section at C&A has all granny stuff, but if you go the other section of c&a they have things for younger people..

In febuary last year i bought a leather jacket, it didnt suit me at all because i looked so young in it but i think now it makes me look alright..

Gosh being a woman is hard
Amen to that Sista
I have thought about just wearing a great pair of shoes and that's it to work on occassions
But I didn't want all of my co-workers to die

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a Kohl's in your area, they have a Daisy Fuentes line. They're in the misses section, but they're for the younger 20-ish people, not too bad in prices and really cute stuff.

Also, I'm a BIG fan of Old Navy. Or even check out Target. Love Target clothes too. TJ Maxx, if you have Ross (which I wish Michigan did), or Marshal's.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You may want to try the 20-40 age group botiques... plus target and the oulets... they often have age appropriate without looking like you got grannies wardrobe..

jazzy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondiecat

A. If I buy in juniors section I look like I am trying to be a teenager.
B. If I buy in the women's section I feel like the clothes make me look like my Grandmother(No offense Granny
)
A. If I buy in Juniors section, I have to pick size 14, cause 14 year old cllothes fit to me, 16 is too big for me and I look like 14 years old.

B. If I buy at the womens section, nothing fits for me.

I buy at juniros section, cause it's a lot cheaper and their clothes are really cute.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to shop at sort of in between stores, like New York & Co, the Limited, etc. Ones that are geared towards a 20-30something rather than a 16 yr old or a 60 yr old.

For me, jrs clothes don't allow for all my adult figure and misses clothes just don't quite fit right in the waist. I can wear either a 9 or 11 in jrs or a 4 or 6 in misses. It's just the waist to hip ratio that screws it all up, I come from a long line of ghetto booties.

shimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
do you guys get jay jay's in america? its a good store, funky fashionable clothes, with fantastic prices for the quality of them. Some of it is more teenagers stuff, but I shop there and I am 20, and not wanting to dress like a teenager.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you have an Express around you? Their clothes are always in fashion. A bit pricey, but if money isn't really an issue...

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by annabelle33

For me, jrs clothes don't allow for all my adult figure and misses clothes just don't quite fit right in the waist. It's just the waist to hip ratio that screws it all up, I come from a long line of ghetto booties.
I have the same problem. I have wide hips and junk in the trunk. lol

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

I have the same problem. I have wide hips and junk in the trunk. lol
Lord don't I know that too
Thanks for all the great suggestions I am planning a short(due to my surgery, can't stand a long time doc's orders) shopping trip today. Hopefully my daughter and I can come up with some good things that will look right for me.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what now? I have been putting together a few versital pieces that can be mixed and matched with out thinking but now I want some kind of edgey stuff. Anyone have suggestions? I want to look sharp and yes sexy in a sutle way. Okay let's hear opinions.
I think it's a matter of taste. I did work with someone that was 45 and dressed like she was 16 and it was ridiculous. She ordered her fashions from Fredericks and wore them to work. From the fashion advice that I have heard, it was suggested to dress more conservative and make it look more youthful/ fashionable by putting on some earrings, shoes, handbags that the young girls wear, change your hair to the latest styles, etc.

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

I think it's a matter of taste. I did work with someone that was 45 and dressed like she was 16 and it was ridiculous. She ordered her fashions from Fredericks and wore them to work. From the fashion advice that I have heard, it was suggested to dress more conservative and make it look more youthful/ fashionable by putting on some earrings, shoes, handbags that the young girls wear, change your hair to the latest styles, etc.
That is one thing I have been researching also...hairstyles. I am so ready for a change with the do. I have let my bangs grow out and right now they are at the base of my nose right in the way of my mouth and about to make me start drinking again