Weird Kitten Poop?

kittycatruby1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have noticed that my kitten has had a vomit lately, and I recently got home to a yellow/orange, runny poop in the litter tray....
going up to the vet in 30 minutes but has this happened to any of you (kitten is 8 weeks old)

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the kitten vaccinated?
Is she/he ok, or has other symptoms like lethargy or refuses the food?
From those few details it could be just intestinal parasites or it could even be panleukopenia.
Please, let us know!

Meghan123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi

I hope your Kitten is ok, how did you get on at the vets?

My Savannah Kitten is experience something similar, he's had runny stools and has been sick twice. Took him to the vets on Monday he had a check over and they said all seemed ok and healthy and put it down to stress of moving (we only bought him home on sunday) but I am unsure whether to take him back or not.

his diet is dry food and raw mince, which he doesn't seem interested in at all - this is what his breeder gave him. He loves his chicks and mice though and will eat those. he will hang round near his food bowl meowing as if he is hungry bu he won't eat what is there. I am unsure whether to get him back to the vets or not.

Mr i need help asap

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Raw mince i wouldnt give minced raw beef or horsemeat chicken raw anything raw to my cat but that just me raw meat make us sick so i would think raw meat for cats cant be good i give my cat o'select chicken wet food and vet diet chicken kitten food for dryfood allways with fresh water

Last edited:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of people feed their pets a raw diet and do well on it. We even have a sub forum here for those who are interested:
Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food
If done properly, it's fine. You do need to take care that you're feeding a balanced diet though and raw mince without added supplements doesn't sound great M Meghan123 .

kittycatruby1 kittycatruby1 how did the vet visit go?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycatruby1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
M Meghan123 pushylady pushylady
TTbe vet said that it’s probably to do with the stress of moving and possible diet change, and just told us to give him poached chicken for his meals for a while and that seemed to settle him down!