Weird household objects as toys

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yes, the plastic from a case of water. Sugar and Spice like to each get in one and then try to attack each other. It is like watching two turtles in transparent shells.

ibiscribe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Let's see...

1. Crinkled up balls of paper (usually in shoes)
2. Lost keyboard keys (usually in shoes)
3. The hair catcher from the bath tub (usually in shoes)
4. Large plastic caps from milk/water/juice jugs (usually in shoes)
5. Shoes, even without anything inside them
6. Socks

7. Paper bags
8. Hair scrunchies--the large frilly cloth ones, not the rubber band type
9. Any pen that had a clip on the end

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

archerbaby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So what I'm getting from what you're saying is that your kitties like shoes

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One of my cats is famous for stealing the tub stopper/plug. We started putting it up high on the little rack thing that hangs from the shower head. So now he stands on 2 feet on the side of the tub and reaches up and pushes on the flexible shower hose to rattle the stopper free from it's rack.

And Rhys likes to go into the bathroom cupboard and steal tampons!! 

My 16 year old has just figured out how to use tampons.  I guess she left a couple sitting on the floor.  I heard this noise in the hallway one day, looked up, and Holly had a tampon in her mouth

Dd said "eww" and I told her at least it wasn't a used one

Cheryl

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
 ArcherBaby wrote <<SneakyMom - Love the "age appropriate" comment!  You really do need to think of them as toddlers don't you?
>>

This cat
   We've had 6 cats over the 22 years we've been married, and every single one of them have had very different personalities. 

But Holly is in a class all by herself

She acts like a toddler sometimes.  Really sweet kitty though. 

Cheryl

poppysox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My oldest son had these little mini pound puppies stuffed toys. Rose used to love fetching them. I would find them in the toilet, in her food dish, litter box etc. One night I woke in the middle of the night with about 12 mini pound puppies placed around my head and neck. I guess rose thought they were her "babies". She also loves to steal my tweezers off the counter or grab my razor off the side of the tub when I am bathing. Weird lady.

tbsolutions

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cellaphane from cigarette packs or crinkling paper... the sink stopper.... anything shiny out of my purse.

All things I taught my mothers cat to fetch before moving out ;)

She still steals the sink stopper and you can't smoke around her or she will steal you $7 pack of smokes. More effective than a Doctor ;)

heyitsfae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HeyItsFae - I can just imagine your surprise upon lifting up your couch to find a massive hoard of chapstick!
  Does your kitty still try to hoard all of your chapsticks?  So funny!  That would drive me nuts though because I hate it when I can't find my chapstick.
I thought that she had grown out of it ... apparently I was wrong. I'm in the process of moving and I keep finding chapstick in weird places ... under the bed, behind the stove, etc. Artie Cat strikes again!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am sure some of these has already been said, but here's my cats favorites (especially Cassie's)

Rings from Milk Jug

Twist Ties

Hair Bands

Pens

Pen Caps

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thunder has still been getting under my bathroom sink and found my hair ties. She comes out from under there everyday with something new.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brought home the plastic ring after the scotch tape ran out at my old job, thinking Angel would like it to kick around. I was right! He loves it!  I will roll it across the floor Just like his balls, & he will chase it.

He's my soccer kitty!

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything toy I get my cats they end up getting it caught under the stove. No wonder I can't find my things.

heyitsfae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everything toy I get my cats they end up getting it caught under the stove. No wonder I can't find my things.
I'm afraid to move our refrigerator too ... I'm pretty sure that has also become the final resting place for catnip mice, hair elastics, chapstick and anything else that the kitties have claimed. They're lucky that they're super cute.

estrellalobo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten Ivy has claimed all loose paper as hers. She loves to rip up my bills. Lol Jade carrys around milk lids, i find them every morning in bed with me. The latest toy is live lizards...sigh >.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brought home the plastic ring after the scotch tape ran out at my old job, thinking Angel would like it to kick around. I was right! He loves it!  I will roll it across the floor Just like his balls, & he will chase it.

He's my soccer kitty!
Great idea!  :)

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just remembered Sheba (RIP), who not only played with small cactus, but also slept in the pot with the mini cactus garden.

megan elizabeth

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty Jose loves straws of any size or color! He hoards them under the rug. So much for the 5 dollar big fancy mouse I got him!