Weird "Goodbye" Phone Calls, Anyone?

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like back in 2012? ;)

I don't answer my phone if I don't recognize the number.
Neither do I. And if it is blocked or unavailable, I am am not answering either. Hex, I typically keep my phone on silent and check it every so often. (More often if my husband is away from home.) It drives my family batty, but I get really worked up when I hear my phone go off and I do not need the stress. Strangely enough, only three emergencies have happened where a family member needed to get a hold of me quickly. All three times, I was checking my phone when they called.

What I hate more are the door-to-door people. No one comes to my house without either asking first or being invited, so, if a random knock occurs and I am not expecting a delivery, I about lose my mind in terror. I have a no soliciting/no trespassing sign and a special no religious solicitors sign. It pretty much ended people coming to our house. I did send a cease and desist letter to a local church that left a pamphlet on my door. My neighbor even pointed to the signs (I love my neighbors!) and told them not to leave it. They did anyway; therefore, I was compelled to send the letter. That was two years ago. They now just walk past!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband kept getting really aggressive calls from someone about siding our house. It was brick! They even knew this and wanted to go over it! Finally one day he told them sure, come and do what you want. There was a long pause and another pitch and then my husband told them again to come and do what they want, we had just filed bankruptcy. They hung up immediately. (PS, no we didn't really)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I hate more are the door-to-door people. No one comes to my house without either asking first or being invited, so, if a random knock occurs and I am not expecting a delivery, I about lose my mind in terror.
Oh, how I hate that too! When I'm home and not expecting anyone, I'm in my PJs (or some form of lounge ware), not exactly "dressed to receive". I hate being bothered.
One time someone came to my home wanting to sell me on one of those home energy things, where you pay them a fixed monthly fee and "it will never go up for 10 years" even if the price of fuel does (it was for natural gas). He said to my face "you'd be an idiot not to take advantage of this...", after telling him a couple of times that I was not interested, so I replied...well, call me an idiot then! Then I said goodbye and closed the door. I always feel rude when I have to be assertive with telemarketers and door to door people, I wish they would graciously accept my polite no so I didn't have to be rude with them. Now I just don't answer the door unless I know who is there, but of course there are always those times when you get caught and have to engage.
One time I was working in my flower beds in the front yard. And a young man came up. I responded but continued to work, you could tell he felt very awkward trying to have a conversation with me as I was crouched in my flowerbed full of dirt. After a few minutes he just said, "well, I can see you're busy, so I'll come back another time..." I said OK, bye!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't answer my phone if I don't recognize the number.
Oh I do. Only I think they're on to me because I don't get spam calls anymore. Haven't had a spam call in a couple of months. I was having fun too.

What I hate more are the door-to-door people
We don't get those. Out here, if someone were to try, they would probably get shot.