Weird behavior

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I have a question I hope someone could maybe shed some light on this . My sister she has some cats , a momma cat and her kittens ( second litter ) well she got impregnated by her son which is uncalled for . I feel they should have all been fixed but they weren’t . But the thing is she got rid of them and kept the second litter . The issue is I just went and saw them today and they are the cutest kittens ever . 3 females and a male all Taby’s plus a jet black baby girl . The issue is I notice two things that struck be odd was with the black kitten . Her name is star light . She seems to be almost scared of her own shadow . Like I’ve never seen this in a cat before . She will run and hide but I was able to hold her and pet her some . She wanted to run and hide . But idk why I just started calming her and petting her if like she was my furbaby . And talked sweet and calm to her letting her know I won’t hurt her . And she was ok with it for a little bit then I set her down and she . Took off and hid again but I was able to find her .

she seemed cautious of me lol but who can blame her I’m a stranger . But she’s a sweet little baby girl that I wish I could give a good home too . And harness train her lol but the other issue is umm the mom cat whenever her kittens come close to her . She will growl or hiss or swipe at them and I don’t know why she does that . She has always be friendly with me never once bit or attacked me ever . So I’m confused ? On both like why the kitten is so scared of everything and why the mom is acting the way she does ? Any ideals

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How old are the kittens? If they've been weaned, the mom cat is probably just trying to keep them from nursing from her.

As for the scared kitten, some cats are just more nervous than others, especially if they have not had a lot of interaction with humans.
Here's a TCS article on 16 Top Cat Experts Share Tips For Dealing With Timid Cats - TheCatSite

I know these aren't your cats, but if you can convince your sister to get them spayed/neutered, it would make things so much better for both the felines and humans. It's not healthy for a female cat to keep getting pregnant, and those kittens will be able to breed by about 6 months, maybe even younger. Here's a link that you maybe could pass onto your sister.
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Cat Fixed - TheCatSite

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is it just the scared kitten she's reacting like that towards? She might be sensing something wrong with the kitten and reacting (survival of the fittest in nature)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tbh she does that with all of the kittens like it’s not like there trying to nurse off her . They could cross paths and he will his and swipe at them . And the scared one I’m guessing she’s always hiding I was told . I know all she needs is to have someone that will take . The time and just be patient with her and show her love and affection. . And show her she is safe and I know in due time she will come out of her shell .